Edit: See below
Would like to know more on your system and issues
Windows version, please use Winver.exe to get Windows full version numbers.
Do you have wallpaper engine running in the background?
Does restart Windows explorer solve your issue?
I use an animated Wallpaper using DeskScapes
Restarting Windows Explorer DOES seem to fix the issue!
Here's hoping it sticks.
These are the steps I took:
1. Make sure you have Fences installed (reboot if prompted)
2. I took the necessary actions to *break" my fences so that the icons are jumping- for me it's just right clicking on my desktop
3. Restart Windows Explorer by:
- Accessing your task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Escape)
- Scroll down down to Windows Explorer listed in Background Processes
- Click Restart
*It doesn't sound like it would be related but it seems to have fixed the issue, at least for me.
After restarting my CPU I tested to see if my fences would again break.
To my disappointment, they did.
Running the Windows Explorer Restart did again fix the issue-- but only temporarily.
So, the restart appears to fix the problem temporarily.
Do you have any further suggestions to fix this issue on a permanent basis?