Logitech Gaming Software won't open...

By on September 5, 2013 10:39:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Michelle911

Join Date 12/2012
+2

the entire top half of LGS is totally invisible with the new windowblinds... can't use it at all without unloading, excluding the app doesn't do anything either

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 6, 2013 1:17:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Try disabling advanced graphics within Logitech and see if that helps.  Screenshot Reply #6 here:

http://forums.wincustomize.com/446243/page/1/#3381269

September 6, 2013 3:35:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Michelle, could you test the other issue mentioned in that thread/reply, please?

The G-key issue.

September 6, 2013 7:03:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

thanks guys, that's a good workaround.  seeing as that all the windows spawned now from LGS are NOT skinned, as they once were, I guess I'm still considering it an issue   but really appreciate that!  it helps! 

as the to the g-key issue, yes, I have the same thing here.  I've run into this quite a bit with windowblinds   I've run into a lot of issues with all sorts of stardock programs   and have filed tickets...  they got so tired of my issues they told me sorry, they can't fix them, and offered my money back.  I declined and ended up with a subscription extension in hopes of finally seeing some real fixes in time...  but not holding my breath   seems to be a good many holes in this stuff. but I love it so dearly (ok I'm a sucker for purdy things)  I can't give it up

anyhow!  I've been able to work around some of the skinning and launch issues by starting my programs with autoit crazy I know!  works for firefox tho, and also pinnacle game profiler when launched with object dock.  e.g.  in LGS I have a shortcut assigned to a G key for launching firefox directly to it's location in the install folder, set to firefox.exe.  I use this G key to launch and I get a partially skinned firefox with gadgets unskinned and a titlebar invisible.  in another shortcut in LGS I've assigned a shortcut that launches an autoit exe I wrote that lauches firefox *this* works perfectly and gives me a beautifully skinned firefox with no problems.  go figure huh (sigh)

Stardock....  what's going on guys?  surely you can do better

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 6, 2013 8:29:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The majority of users' experience with Stardock's customized apps are satisfactory;it's individual specific/extravagant demands has jeopardized theirs.

September 6, 2013 8:35:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Michelle911,

thanks guys, that's a good workaround.  seeing as that all the windows spawned now from LGS are NOT skinned, as they once were, I guess I'm still considering it an issue   but really appreciate that!  it helps! 

as the to the g-key issue, yes, I have the same thing here.  I've run into this quite a bit with windowblinds   I've run into a lot of issues with all sorts of stardock programs   and have filed tickets...  they got so tired of my issues they told me sorry, they can't fix them, and offered my money back.  I declined and ended up with a subscription extension in hopes of finally seeing some real fixes in time...  but not holding my breath   seems to be a good many holes in this stuff. but I love it so dearly (ok I'm a sucker for purdy things)  I can't give it up

anyhow!  I've been able to work around some of the skinning and launch issues by starting my programs with autoit crazy I know!  works for firefox tho, and also pinnacle game profiler when launched with object dock.  e.g.  in LGS I have a shortcut assigned to a G key for launching firefox directly to it's location in the install folder, set to firefox.exe.  I use this G key to launch and I get a partially skinned firefox with gadgets unskinned and a titlebar invisible.  in another shortcut in LGS I've assigned a shortcut that launches an autoit exe I wrote that lauches firefox *this* works perfectly and gives me a beautifully skinned firefox with no problems.  go figure huh (sigh)

Stardock....  what's going on guys?  surely you can do better

Did you set an exclusion for LCore.exe?

If so please remove it.  Exclusions are inherited by child apps unless the option to not inherit it is also set.  Thus excluding lcore excludes anything it launches which in the case of any of the modern webbrowsers will result in non painting titlebars as they are simply not setup to be excluded.

Were the bulk of your issues relating to DesktopX?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.