wba

substyles

By on July 7, 2013 8:18:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

doortech1

Join Date 12/2011
+248

Okay, need a masters help.

I have a completely separate wba consisting of 4 substyles that I want to add to my original Acrylistix WBA.How do I add the 4 substyles to the original. I am lost, please help me or I have to upload as a separate blind, and it really is just part of the original.

Or, is that just better, too upload separately?

Thanks in advance for any help, DT1.

5 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 7, 2013 8:47:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You can do it one of two ways DT. First is to upload an UPDATE, meaning you'd have to remove the original and upload the one with the substyles in its place or...upload the one with the 4 substyles as a separate WB and call it Acrylistix 2. That's my take on it anyway. 

July 7, 2013 10:02:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Your Acrylistix already has two subs, one for light and one for dark. So I assume you made the light one than went into SubStyle Management and created a new sub for the dark changing the graphics. Say one of your other subs within the four on you other wb is for xp. You just can't make it as a separate WB and add it to another WB. (at least that is what I was told by a couple masters a few years ago when I asked the same question)

Say you want to add a new sub for xp. You open your wb and make a new sub called Acrylistix xp. Now you have to make all the changes in that sub only. One step further. You want to make a xp sub for each light and dark. So you open your original. Now you make a sub Acrylistix Light xp and make all your changes. If you want the same for your dark you have to make another sub for that and make the changes.

If you already have a completed wb with the four additional sub it would be faster to just do something like Uvah said and call it Acrylistix 2 or something. You can describ what is within that Wb in the description. 

Bottom line is you have the original wb add a sub and make the changes as to what the sub to be for every sub you add. 

July 7, 2013 1:35:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks guys, I kinda figured separate was best.

I wondered if I could manually copy the files to the skin folder, the original, then make a new wba of that folder. Like a substyle file of sorts that could be copied. Oh well, Acrylistix Colors is is!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 7, 2013 2:26:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Here's how you can do it:

Firstly I assume that the substyles have some different (new) images. You need to copy those from the new folder into the old one. Next create your substyle in sks. Open the skin with the new substyles in a separate sks window. Now you can go through each section of the skin and copy/paste the code from each section.

When that's done, check it over by applying and package the new WBA.

July 7, 2013 3:47:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,

Here's how you can do it:

Firstly I assume that the substyles have some different (new) images. You need to copy those from the new folder into the old one. Next create your substyle in sks. Open the skin with the new substyles in a separate sks window. Now you can go through each section of the skin and copy/paste the code from each section.

When that's done, check it over by applying and package the new WBA.

Thank you for the reply.I knew someone would have an idea.I  am going to go the easy route and leave separate, I have no energy left for that swap,lol. Thank you very much for the info, greatly appreciated, DT1.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.