deskscapes subsciption

By on September 12, 2012 6:47:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hawk786

Join Date 09/2011
+7

i have just recieved a subsciption for deskscapes 3.50 and would like to know for how long is the subscription and if i had a problem with my computer and had reinstalled windows would i have to be on the internet to activate the program again or just install it with the serial number that i have recieved from stardock without being on the internet.i mean to reinstall the program without internet.

17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 12, 2012 6:55:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

DeskScapes is not a subscription, you would just install as you normally would.

September 12, 2012 6:57:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you purchased DeskScapes as a stand alone, it is not a subscription. You will receive updates up to the next version number, DeskScapes 4.xx

As for off-line activation,I think you may have to email support for that information and instructions.

Edit: ID beat me to the draw on this one.

September 12, 2012 7:18:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thanks for the quick replies Wizard1956 and island dog.great help

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 18, 2012 1:44:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

When is the next update coming?  Debating the renewing my OD subscription, but I haven't seen many updates in the last year to really justify it.  The main things I use are LoginStudio, Deskscapes and Fences...as Fences  just updated and LS seems to be done, it'd be silly for me to renew if the new version of DS isn't coming in the next year.

Thanks!

December 21, 2012 6:15:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just thought I'd check back in on this.  Anyone know?

December 21, 2012 6:33:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm pretty sure the focus right now is Deskscapes for Windows 8.... other updates should come as they are done to add features and fix problems as the crop up.

December 21, 2012 7:53:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Weidbrewer,
I haven't seen many updates in the last year to really justify it.

Well, to be honest neither have I.  I have seen some new releases (for an OS I have no plans on using) some really cool new software and features I can and do use and some updates which for the most part, did not fix the old bugs that do exist.

However, I still see the value of ODNT, now and in the future. The whole package is a bargain. If I don't use everything included in it, that is my choice.

Windows8 was released, Stardock put time and resources (money, mine and yours) into some new software that many are now using and enjoying.

It is not their fault I didn't "upgrade" my OS so I can't use the new stuff. Great new software all the same. 

Beta releases give me the opportunity to see what is ahead and see if it is for me. That has value to me. 

Keeping the bills paid so Stardock, and these forums can exist, and keep some good people employed in Plymouth. That has value to me.

Having access to my software, for as long as I'm able to log on to the store and re-download it if I forgot or got lazy and didn't archive it or had a meltdown and then activate same. That has value to me as well.

Having support and developers that can and do try to help on weekends, holidays and their days off. That is priceless.

If you see no value in ODNT, by all means, keep your money. I don't think Brad will miss it.

Glitches, bugs, registration problems, hell, that is part of what I have accepted as life with a computer. SD is trying hard to keep up, catch up and lead the way all at the same time. That is quite a tall order.

I still enjoy what I pay for so I can really justify the cost.

YMMV.

BTW, did anyone notice the world didn't end today?

December 21, 2012 9:19:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well stated, Wiz. And yes, we're still here....

December 22, 2012 7:47:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well Wiz, while I understand your high-road response, that didn't really answer the question (which is why I'd hoped that someone from SD woulda answered by now.)  If Fences ends up being the only product left that I actually use from the suite, then I'd just renew that and be happy with it.  If nothing else I use is getting any updates in the next year and didn't in the past one, then I'd be wasting my money.  Brad might not miss my money, but I would.

December 22, 2012 7:54:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Weidbrewer,
I'd hoped that someone from SD woulda answered by now.

They're on vacation until after New Years... since this isn't a Support question, per se, I don't think it'll be answered until some time after that (they'll have plenty on their plates for a while - catch up).

December 22, 2012 9:25:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, if Fences is all you have a real need/use for, buying it as a stand-alone makes good sense. You can always renew your ODNT sub when a sufficient number of programs have been updated to justify the cost to you.

TIP:If your sub is still active, remember to download and archive everything before it expires.

December 26, 2012 7:54:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
Well, if Fences is all you have a real need/use for, buying it as a stand-alone makes good sense. You can always renew your ODNT sub when a sufficient number of programs have been updated to justify the cost to you.

TIP:If your sub is still active, remember to download and archive everything before it expires.

Good advice.

Stardock plans on more updates to existing apps to address bugs and introduce features and new apps (mostly targetted to modern Operating systems). It's going to be a good year to subscribe.

December 31, 2012 12:09:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
They're on vacation until after New Years...

Well...I originally asked above in October... 

Quoting Zubaz,
(mostly targetted to modern Operating systems).

Thanks for the reply.  Does this pretty much just mean 8, or is there still going to be stuff for 7?

January 21, 2013 1:37:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hi everyone,i have just 1 question,if i upgraded to windows8 and i have deskscapes stand alone,will i have to pay to get deskscape4 once again,if so i just dont have the cash for that.thanks and waiting for a reply from all at wincustomize or stardock.

January 21, 2013 8:06:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting hawk786,
hi everyone,i have just 1 question,if i upgraded to windows8 and i have deskscapes stand alone,will i have to pay to get deskscape4 once again,if so i just dont have the cash for that.thanks and waiting for a reply from all at wincustomize or stardock.
It likely depends on when you bought DS3.  In the past we have free upgrades if it's withing a few months and discounted upgrades if older.

January 21, 2013 3:00:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Any update on the Windows 8 Deskscapes beta?

January 21, 2013 3:04:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting dan65,
Any update on the Windows 8 Deskscapes beta?

Currently in internal testing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.