Again, uploading issues

By on March 20, 2009 4:27:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

gmc2

Join Date 11/2003
+274

I'm attempting to make a change to an existing blind, but I'm getting a no go. I usually use a different address to upload blinds but to make changes it seems that I'm at the mercy of whatever default addresses are enforced.

top address is where I'm taken to start my edit process and I already know that upload2 is chronically screwed up and has been for some time. the bottom path is where the upload which still leaves me in the upload2 bottomless pit of dispair.

so I guess there are two parts to the question; 1) what is up with upload2 and 2) should I just resubmit the blind from scratch on the other upload path.

48 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 20, 2009 10:22:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

*I am having the same issue with a skin I desperatley need to edit today. I get the same error. I have installed Flash 9 after using the Flash uninstall tooll to get rid of 10 and still no luck. Help Please.

March 20, 2009 11:50:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i get something similar.........have ever since the new upload system was introduced......so i still use the old uploading site, (its perminatley pinned to my favourites.)  here is the link for those who have probs uploading:

http://www.wincustomize.com/upload.aspx?

i hope this helps, i know its not a solution, but it is one way around uploading, if the new one fails.

March 21, 2009 6:49:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://www.wincustomize.com/upload.aspx?

I usually use this one to upload blinds, I just wasn't sure if the process might be different for updating one. Guess I'll just resubmit the blind and find out.

the silence from the mods is deafening, ouch

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 21, 2009 8:35:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It made it up...

March 21, 2009 8:43:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
It made it up...

but not on upload2.aspx??? and thanks for mentioning it.

March 23, 2009 11:19:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm trying to upload a Sins of a Solar Empire mod that is 80Mb, and no joy there. I tried to upload a tiny .ZIP file with instructions on where to download the mod from my personal website but the submission doesn't work for that either.

I guess I better let Stardock know...

March 23, 2009 1:08:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm having the same problem and error message

when trying to upload a screenshot ... using different browsers ....  

March 23, 2009 1:15:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

try using this address, it generally works:

http://www.wincustomize.com/upload.aspx

March 23, 2009 1:18:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

More than likey the uploading problems folks are seeing now are associated with the site updating that is going on. 

Those SD folks must be real busy.

March 23, 2009 1:19:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,
*I am having the same issue with a skin I desperatley need to edit today. I get the same error. I have installed Flash 9 after using the Flash uninstall tooll to get rid of 10 and still no luck. Help Please.

Hi PO,  just curious if you have had in luck in fixing your problem because I can't upload or edit any themes I have tried 3 different address to upload at two says there was a problem uploading my skin and one says it was uploaded but the skin never shows up in moderation. when I try to edit a skin i get a wincustomise error page.
March 23, 2009 1:39:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting gmc2,
try using this address, it generally works:

http://www.wincustomize.com/upload.aspx

thanks this link seemed to work for me , so far for 1 screenshot upload ...  

March 23, 2009 1:49:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

More than likey the uploading problems folks are seeing now are associated with the site updating that is going on.

if so, then this updating has been going on for at least 6 months. started to occur when WC started using the upload2 address. why they haven't done something with this by now is beyond my comprehension as a mortal human being.

March 23, 2009 1:53:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We are trying to track this problem down, but are not having a lot of luck.  We are hoping that you guys could give us a bit more information about your setups.

1)  What browser (and version of the browser) are you using? (ie.  IE6, IE7, IE8, FF, Opera, Safari)

2)  Do you have Flash 9 or 10 installed? (If you are using www.wincustomize.com/upload2.aspx flash 10 will not work with the upload process)

3) What is the actual link that you are using that is failing for you?

Note: There are only two possiblities for uploading and editing your skins on WinCustomize.  The newer url is www.wincustomize.com/upload2.aspx.  This page was developed to allow for larger skins to be uploaded.  If you have problems with this url and have a smaller skin to upload, then you can try www.wincustomize.com/upload.aspx.

March 23, 2009 2:07:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

using all the browsers i had some problems, but now that i 

think about it you might be right with the 

upload2 for larger files ie dreams etc

and upload for smaller stuff link

that seemed to work for me ... using flash 10/9 

will know or realize more as i try more uploads .. soon as i can ....

March 23, 2009 2:23:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I am running Vista SP1 and i use IE7. I have tried flash player 10 and 9. with the same results

If i try to upload through (submit a skin) i get a window that says WC couldn't upload my skin at this time try again later.

If i use this link http://www.wincustomize.com/upload2.aspx I get the same message.

If I use this link  http://www.wincustomize.com/upload.aspx I am told that my upload was successful and it is being processed but it never shows up in moderation.

If I try to edit any of my themes I get a wincustomize error.
March 23, 2009 2:54:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

www.wincustomize.com/upload2.aspx bad

http://www.wincustomize.com/upload.aspx  good (if you're told that the upload is successful, then from my experience it has been)

IE7 and safari (I usually use safari to upload as with IE7 I have flash disabled)

flash 9 - XP (SP2)

March 23, 2009 3:13:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Flash 9 is the requirement for uploading on upload2.aspx.  Again, if you have Flash 10 installed, or you have Flash disabled or not installed, you will not be able to upload on this page.

Our official supported browsers on WinCustomize currently are the latest version of FireFox, IE6, and IE7.  Safari is not currently supported, and thus you may get mixed results.  If you are having trouble with uploading, you will have to use one of the supported browsers and have only Flash 9.

March 23, 2009 3:38:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

1)  What browser (and version of the browser) are you using? IE7, IE8, FF

2)  Do you have Flash 9 or 10 installed? 9

3) What is the actual link that you are using that is failing for you? I have tried to edit a skin using both and I get the same error as noted in the original post.

After I tried the upload2.aspx site I copied the url and pasted it into a new tab and deleted the 2 out of the address so it would use the other but it still fails.

I have also been unable to upload anything over 28mb at either link for over 3 months. I have been getting the exact same error as in the original post for quite some time.

March 23, 2009 3:58:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Flash 9 is the requirement for uploading on upload2.aspx. Again, if you have Flash 10 installed, or you have Flash disabled or not installed, you will not be able to upload on this page.

As i said above I have tried all three links with both flash 9 and 10 and i get the same results. I guess I will have to try firefox and see what that will do for me.

March 23, 2009 4:17:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok I download the newest firefox I still can't upload and I get the same messages and errors as i did with IE7

March 23, 2009 4:47:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

A new update just went up that hopefully will take care of the main issue at www.wincustomize.com/upload2.aspx that you guys have been seeing.  Could you please give it a try and let us know?

Murex,

As i said above I have tried all three links with both flash 9 and 10 and i get the same results.

The reason I asked about the url is that there are only two places to upload to WinCustomize.  As you are mentioning three, I was wondering what that other url was.

March 23, 2009 4:58:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Safari is not currently supported

uhm, at least safari appears to support you and you do not support IE6 and haven't for some time.

http://forums.wincustomize.com/324210

March 23, 2009 5:01:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

After I tried the upload2.aspx site I copied the url and pasted it into a new tab and deleted the 2 out of the address so it would use the other but it still fails.

I tried that too and it didn't work but when I copied the upload.aspx address it did???

March 23, 2009 5:13:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The reason I asked about the url is that there are only two places to upload to WinCustomize. As you are mentioning three, I was wondering what that other url was.

Sorry I was confused.. I was thinking that when you tried to upload through my gallery and used the submit a skin it link was a different link. MY Bad.
I just tried the link with the update with both IE7 and firefox I still can't upload and I am using flash 9. What gets me is I have had no trouble uploading until march 13 th.
March 23, 2009 5:43:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Murex,

During your last upload attempt, did you get the same error page that you were seeing before?  If not, and it suggested to try again later, could you try again?

Thanks,

Dean

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.