The problem with "random" things the impossibility of anticipating when it will happen again, so I doubt I can get video.
I am not opening Chrome with a saved group. I am using Chrome separately, not with Groupy. When I open a new Chrome window using CTRL+N, Groupy occasionally grouped it with a totally different window/application it shouldn't.
I might be misunderstanding what you're saying but it's not reasonable to expect that a user cannot have both the Chrome web browser and Groupy running at the same time.
To clarify, these would be the steps to reproduce:
- Using Windows 10 v 1909
- Using Chrome v 83.0.4103.61
- Using Groupy 1.32
- Only using Groupy to group Windows Explorer tabs. NOT using Saved Groups, NOT intentionally using with Chrome.
- Click on Chrome to select it as the active application
- CTRL+N to open a new Chrome window
- Groupy unexpectedly groups the new Chrome window with Windows Explorer (the default Windows file browser)
- OR, Groupy unexpectedly groups the new Chrome window with Firefox. Or any other App.
Here's a REAL screenshot; "luckily" it happened again just now:
My Groupy settings:
^ I don't have Chrome or Firefox excluded currently because it's occasionally useful to Group their windows (when it's done purposely, not accidentally/randomly like the issue I'm reporting). But if that's the only solution right now, then I will have to.
^ See above ESPECIALLY. I have selected "Only group windows of the same application or type...".
I hope this is all clear. Thank you.