Both me and my friend are experiencing an issue with Sins: Rebellion crashing to desktop frequently and rendering the game unplayable when running in windowed mode. In fullscreen mode, the game fails to launch properly at all and is just an invisible unresponsive window with no icon on the task bar. Whenever either of us attempt to load the game, it crashes with a generic "Something went wrong" error message and generates a mini-dump. We are both using Windows 10, and the crashing occurs both when running the vanilla game and with mods loaded. It even appears to be more stable with mods running, although still crashes during actual gameplay within seconds.
Things we have tried:
- Running the game in windowed mode, dev mode and on all previous versions that are available through steam.
- Getting in touch with Stardock Support via email. (They just told me to post a thread on the forum, and that they don't deal with technical support apparently.)
- Every troubleshooting step on this thread that Stardock linked me to: https://forums.stardock.net/486601/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion-support-faq
- Reverifiying game files, Full re-installation of game files including resetting our user files in the Documents directory.
- Disabling GeForce experience and in-game overlay.
- Disabling and adding an exception for the game files within our anti-virus software.
- Seeking support on both official Stardock and SOSE community Discords.
I'm not sure who else to ask about this issue, since emailing support directly resulted in an automated email telling me to just post my issue on the forums, although I see a few other posts that describe issues similar to this one that have been, disconcertingly, left unanswered. If this really is Stardock's only official way of providing support to players then I would have hoped they would at least reply to the threads. Most of the community seem to have no constant crashing issues whatsoever, so it's surprising to me that both me and my friend are having the exact same issue.
Please let me know what else I can submit to help troubleshoot this,