Hi I'm drawing tablet user, so most of stuff will be related to fast use it for users that usually work with stylus.
1) Checkbox option: to preserve position of scrollbars in huge stuff folders even after logout or restart system (useful to fast comeback to previous work spot)
2) Checkbox option: preserve last one "screen" positon after restarting system (same useful to fast comeback to previous work spot at once)
3) Checkbox option: lock UI mode. When all buttons like: close, menu, renaming, resizing all fences will dissaperes and mouse/stylus will not react on them. (Should be usefull for experienced and used to fences a lot, that they almoust not changed anything a long time) It will reduce all this flickering of UI elements under cursor. Found it as implemented in 3.13 in right click menu
related with stylus/tablet users
Because I'm tablet/stylus (wacom) user, I not use mouse almoust 96% of time. That's why a lot of existed ways to change screen-display in fances is a bit long a slowing down (in tems of time and spend energy on action). So next suggestions is related to reduce this problem
4) New feature - "sceen menager/navigator". I have suddenly faced with it, searching tools like fence, and it was in software called "Dexpot" (try it there and you will immideatedly understood how fast this concept in work). So idea is next, that you can call this option and on the screen will appeares few buttons (or buttons of screens), and you will be able to orient them horizontally or vertically as UI element. And after pressing on each one it will immideately show you chosen screen. Beliave me it's much more faster then what you have now, especially if you have more then 2 scrolling screens. You will be able much more faster navigate between them in one click. Also it should contain next things:
a) highlight active screen button (to easy understand where you are)
be able to drop Fences directly on chosen icon-button and immideately teleportated to those screen with holding fance (easy replace concepte)
5) Be able to assign users manual own hotkeys. That should be 'global'. Because currently you need always 'tap' on free space of descktop, just to be able activate pre-appointed ALT+arrows hotkeys. And for me that meanst that I should at fitst precisely tap somewhere on descktop (search that spot place and waist time on this action), then "twist" stylus between fingers to change it position, then be able to press hotkeys, then do all back... and it's not so handy at all. Because hotkeys is preconfigured - so I should use both hands to activate it. So if I be able to assign my own one or even few keys, but placed at one side of keyboard, I no need to put down stylus. And if this hotkey will activate swithcing fence-screens at once, withou no need to waiste time to search free space and precisely tap to it
6) Same suggestion to solve described problem above - to be able choose manually hotkeys, that when you will holding it and at once dragg by stylus, it will swithc the screens. For example, I'm holding SHIFT botton and at same time using stylus doing swap move to any side. Additional options here would be nice: on/off - to take into accoun all existed fances and work like through it. In this case no need to waist time to easrch free space spots (because what if it will be really small?)
I know about ability to holding edges of the sceens... but in my cases I have use 2 diplays in a row.. and each this move from one side to another need really a lot energy just precisely aming into edge, and move hande move hand back and forth from one side to another of displays (and this even my active tablet space is really small, even so it's quite annoing and time-consuming) Maybe only with 1 display it should work well, but not when more then one.
related to artist and users with a lot image collactions
For all whom worked with images (or image collactions) before, is important to see image content at once, without no need open file. So next few suggestons is about it.
7) Will be cool if we can do preview size of images even bigger a little bit that most big size now. Even just a little bigger would be cool.
8) Optimization and hashing (somehow and somewhere store preview of all image thumbnails). It will speed up uploading then when you scrolling huge image collections folders. Because now it allways have 1 second delay, before all of them will loading. And it's breacking smooth searching. Always need to stop and wait each time.
Summarize. So I found software really cool, exectly what I'm searching. Really thanks for this software But mostly issues I have is with navigating between screens, because I'm most time use stylus. And each swipe of screens need to loose a lot time.
9) Option. By default inherit chosen view mode when navigating inside other folders
10) Be able same change icons view modes for tunel-folder as it was for simple Fence is. Same with changing size of icons manually inside each Fence (not only in folder tunnels)
11) Be able to create rules that will be related on chosen software that sinteze files. So for example we can choose one (or few programs), that generate files and all that they will produce will collect in specific Fence (in my example all files that will creates by drawing sotware) So they will not mess up with any other images that will be drpoed on desktop from internet. Will be usefull
12) Be able easy switch 'screens' somehow by simply redraging their position. Because currently wyou will stuck by doing this moving all Fences back and forwards
13) I'm not 100% sure, but I feel that it should be good idea. That when you switch 'screens', all Fences that was pin for all screen won't move at all, and only those elements that should be changed is animated. I feel that it should give (feeling of ) more clear about stable elements, and should be more useful. (At least it migh be additional check box option in settings)