Hello again everyone,
Since my last post I've done some damage control being a little pst off about the windows crash. First I did a regedit and removed any instance of WindowBlinds, deleted folders-keys everything. Next did a Windows System file check to make sure there were no corrupt system files, which there was not. Next a reinstall of Visual C++ 2005 & 2008 rebooting after every step (good lord). And finally I did a downgrade of my graphics software and drivers, I had an AMD optional driver installed at the time (Adrenalin 18.8.1 MSI RX-580 8Gb) doing a standard uninstall and then using the amdcleanuputility.exe utility wiping the system. Last I installed the Adrenalin 18.5.1 WHQL drivers then installed WindowBlinds 10.65 and low and behold it worked and everything seems to be working fine. Hope this helps anyone having crazy problems after the WB 10.7.1 update.
NOTE: The steps described in this post took quite a while so patience is a virtue and I'm not sure which step actually fixed the problem. in my opinion I think it was graphics driver corruption for some reason the 18.8.1 driver didn't like the WB update or vise versa since there were no system file problems.