Jorge has released the new version!
He has fixed some sticky issues such as:
“…Winstep Xtreme hanging for a couple of minutes when running for the first time and the Windows Start Menu button being disabled when showing the Windows taskbar…” – Winstep
“…v15.7 also adds support for Windows Apps and the new Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Manager.” – ibid
“To make up for the fact that there were no new releases for a while, this upgrade - making Winstep Xtreme applications fully compatible with a brand new Windows version - is FREE to you provided your license key is valid for updates released until November 22 2012 or later.
If you are updating via the Winstep Update Manager, the Updater itself will let you know if your license key is NOT valid for v15.7, in which case you will have to either renew your upgrade subscription or stay with the version you already have.
You can find more details about your license key at the bottom of the About tab of NextSTART or WorkShelf Preferences. You can also renew your upgrade subscription from that tab if necessary. For more information about Winstep Xtreme's Upgrade Policy please click here.” – ibid
- Full Windows 10 support.
- Improved the experience of running Winstep Xtreme for the first time.
- New 'Task View' internal command to invoke the Windows Virtual Desktop Manager (Windows 10 only)
- Users can now quickly go back to their previous Windows wallpaper after switching themes via the new 'Restore Wallpaper' internal command.
- Improved the way Xtreme behaves when the user presses 'Show Desktop'.
- Always on Bottom docks are no longer allowed to come forward on mouseover even if 'pop up dock on mouseover' is enabled.
- Live preview thumbnails of running applications can now range from 64 to 512 pixels.
- New context menus make it easier to add new items to the Quick Launch section of the NextSTART taskbar.
- The Theme Browser now displays the name of the theme author, where available.
- Fixed problem in the Update Manager that could cause downloads to fail randomly with a 'File may be corrupt' error.
- Various other misc. improvements and bug fixes...
The complete change log is available on the original link here.
If you have your Winstep Xtreme preferences set to automatically notify and update, you might have run into difficulties when first updating due to the huge demand for the free Nexus Dock together with paid subscribers having overwhelmed the site servers.
That problem has also been solved. Free Nexus dock users are redirected to Download.com for their update.
You’ll be happy to know that it is not “bundled” or “wrapped”.
Thanks to the Redneck for bringing the update to my attention!