OneNote is a great app for taking notes, organizing ideas, and much more. There are several versions available for different platforms such as Windows, Windows Phone, iOS, and a few more. Today, Microsoft announced that OneNote will be free and a version for Mac users will also be available.
From their announcement:
- OneNote for Mac is available for the first time and for free. With this, OneNote is now available on all the platforms you care about: PC, Mac, Windows tablets, Windows Phone, iPad, iPhone, Android and the Web. And they’re always in sync.
- OneNote is now free everywhere including the Windows PC desktop and Mac version because we want everyone to be able to use it. Premium features are available to paid customers.
- The OneNote service now provides a cloud API enabling any application to connect to it. This makes it easier than ever to capture ideas, information and inspirations from more applications and more places straight into OneNote, including:
- OneNote Clipper for saving web pages to OneNote
- email@example.com for emailing notes to OneNote
- Office Lens for capturing documents and whiteboards with your Windows Phone
- Sending blog and news articles to OneNote from Feedly, News360 and Weave
- Easy document scanning to OneNote with Brother, Doxie Go, Epson, and Neat
- Writing notes with pen and paper and sending them to OneNote with Livescribe
- Mobile document scanning to OneNote with Genius Scan and JotNot
- Having your physical notebooks scanned into OneNote with Mod Notebooks
- Connecting your world to OneNote with IFTTT
Read more at the OneNote Blog.