For anyone having this issue that has ESET antivirus installed, please try the following.
1) Open the configuration window for ESET, click on the setup option.
2) Then under Computer you should see something called HIPS with a green dot
and enabled next to it. Click on enabled and pick setup from the menu.
3) On the Advanced setup screen find the configure rules button and click
4) Then click new... at the bottom
5) Give the rule a name like WindowBlinds and set action to ALLOW.
6) Then on the source applications tab pick Add... and browse to the
WindowBlinds directory and select wbcore.exe
7) You do not need to configure any of the permissions on
the other tabs, but if this still does not work then just tick them all.
8) Then click ok on each of the dialogs and sign out.
When you sign back in you should find WindowBlinds 8 working and no longer producing the error.