The new computer should arrive by UPS this afternoon.
I've tried to go over in my head what should be the first things to do, here is what I've come up with.
1. Take it out of the box and make sure it boots up before adding things like the extra memory and video card.
2. If everything is okay go online and download anti-virus and anti-malware programs, CCleaner, etc.
3. Make sure I have current Windows updates.
4. Once that is done, shut it down and open it up and add the additional memory and video card and update the Windows information.
5. If that works then it's on to downloading some programs and transferring the data from the old harddrive.
6. Once I'm satisfied I'm back with everything it's wiping the old harddrive and setting it up to use for back up.
Well what do you think, did I miss anything?