For personal use, I would recommend Realistic Animated Christmas Snowflakes by GreenReaper: https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/desktopx_objects/3762
1) R-click on the snowman and uncheck script enabled
2) R-click on DXBuilder systray icon and open Object List
3) Open the properties for GR_Snow_OriginalFlake_0 , 1, and 2
4) In States > Appearance, change the Show *and* Fade images to your petal images.
5) Do that for each OriginalFlake object, keeping in mind they're supposed to be varying sizes (small to large flakes.)
6) Change the image for the snowman if you want, and enable its script, again.
7) L-click on the snowman and change the snowflake settings, lower the flake count, settle time, etc.
No script work necessary.