LOOK Doc. PEOPLE WERE TOLD THAT THEY COULD NOW UNINSTALL IMPULSE.
I reread those posts.
People were told it was alright to uninstall Impulse if their subscription had run out as the software they were entitled to would be on
Your case was special in a few respects:
1. The most recent DX is less functional than 3.5 . You knew that but didn't archive 3.5 internally or externally. Poor planning on your part does not mean an emergency on Stardock's.
2. You had permission to have DX on a company computer which was installed through a hole in the firewall. Otherwise, how else could it have been installed/updated? Wasn't that through the firewall? Don't bother answering as I won't be checking back on this thread.
3. You never adequately backed up (Archived) DX 3.5 on that computer. Impulse archives locally, not in the cloud. Before any update, a prudent IT person backs up software and creates a restore point.
4. Despite all those points, Support is making you a new installer for your DX. I know that because when you bumped this post, I im'd Shirley (again) about it to find out if anything had progressed. You could have gotten into IRC to do that yourself at any point, but chose not to. In fact, I have im'd Support several times to check progress.
5. As for understanding what is right and wrong? I do. You are wrong. I will relate to the anatomic reference insofar as to correct you (again). You have been showing that part all through this thread.