Rolo, i have sent the wb back to you with new changes, and as i explained in my email, if you have a wbskin with the same name in windowblinds, please delete that before applying the wba file i sent you.
now for the list of problems i found with your skin.
1. the allprogs background was not the same width as the programs list (it has to be the same width), so i recut all the frames again so
they would be all the correct sizes ect. cutting images correctly for the startmenu is VERY important.
2.your painting margins were totally wrong for most of the parts, why you chose to make just about everything negative 7000 on the left
side is beyond me, lol, please study the new painting margins i have applied to your skin.
3. in the extra settings, you put the height and width of all parts in the wrong place, you had them in the xp section, since your skinning
for windows 7 they have to go in the windows7/vista area for width and height.
4. you had not set the png settings, i set them all to semi transparent.
5. the item mouse over had the box checked for vertical images, i unchecked it.
6. i have added a search bottom and search top mode in your skin, so when you do search, the startmenu dosent jut out of alignment.
7. I also adjusted the allprogramsbackground text settings so it works correctly.
8. for user pane text, i noticed you had the margins set in such a manner so the text couldnt be seen, an easier way
to get around this is to make a new text and set it to the size of '1' that way its virtually invisible, especially if its colour
is the same as the background it happens to be sitting on. (for example if its sitting on a copper pipe, make the colour of the font copper, ect)
BUT your main issue, and i said this from the start is the png gap between the pipe and the blue solid colour of the startmenu.
the reason why you are having issues with your 'worst enemy' issue is because windowblinds cant recreate that image over the png gap and
thats why its acting the way it is.
my advice would be to redesign the startmenu on the left hand side so it does not have that png gap. i know its a pain in the but, but sometimes, as most of us have learnt the hard way is that sometimes you just have to skin around issues to make it work properly.
in other words.......changing your design to suit skinstudio. as some issues cant be fixed unless the design is changed.
another tip i would advise, is name the skin parts correctly. it may be cute to name the sp_item "the one that bites grrrr" as you did lol
BUT it makes it very hard for someone else to help you with the blind when they are looking for a specific file name and cant find it.
on a lighter note, i found your startmenu button animation very nice!