The Winstep Nexus dock is a FREE, stand alone, version of the Nexus dock that is part of the Winstep Xtreme suite of applications, although it has no support for multi-docks, multi-level sub-docks, and system tray icon configuration, unlike its bigger 'cousin' in Winstep Xtreme.
(The screenshot above displays Nexus with icon reflections enabled at 75%, widened separation between icons, the dock background set to 100% transparent and icons set to opaque. The wallpaper can be downloaded from HERE)
You can download the final release of Nexus 10.3 from HERE.
Every feature youd expect from a dock, including widgets, mouse-over effects, skins, drag-and-drop, and even others not available in most other docks, such as live icon reflections, in-dock system tray, Vista Aero Glass effects, and much more. Completely customizable, Nexus has thousands of backgrounds freely available online and is fully compatible with skins for all 3rd party docks.
Nexus runs on the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and Windows 7. It's available in the following languages: Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Farsi (Persian), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
Major highlights of the 10.3 release: in-dock system tray, ability to customize the images of the dock control icon and the clock, recycler, cpu, net, ram and email checker widgets, option to open context sub-menus on mouseover, major reorganization of right-click context menus in order to make them more consistent between different item types and make it easier to add new items to the dock, amazing new set of weather icons by Teknofrik (Style 2), full and seamless integration of native Nexus and 3rd party dock skins (no longer separate), option NOT to flip dock backgrounds for docks located at the top of the screen, ability to specify the folder used to store screenshots taken by the Capture Desktop command, and much, much, more!
- Fully compatible with Windows 7 and all 64 bit versions of Windows.
- Live icon reflections.
- Dock magnification, swing, bounce, afterglow and many other incredible mouse over effects.
- Water ripple, fluid surface, fluid reflections and many more dock animation effects.
- Automatic Vista glass blur for semi-transparent dock backgrounds.
- System tray and running applications displayed on dock.
- Running application indicators.
- Adjustable icon spacing.
- Dock auto-hide and auto-collapse to take up as little screen space as possible.
- Built-in clock, weather, recycler, fortune cookie reader, email checker, net, cpu and ram meter docklets/widgets.
- Over 80 useful internal commands (Show Windows Start Menu, Capture Desktop Screenshot, Hide Taskbar, etc
- Ability to prevent maximized windows from overlapping the dock.
- Supports drag & drop of virtual file system objects (My Computer, Control Panel, etc...).
- Completely customizable - thousands of backgrounds freely available online.
- Fully compatible with skins for all other docks.
- Full drag & drop support with extremely easy to use and intuitive User Interface.
- Multi-monitor support.
- Multi language support.
- Includes Update Manager to look for, download, and automatically install new versions.
- ... and many, many, other incredible features!
Winstep Website: http://www.winstep.net
You can download Nexus from HERE (17.7 MB).
Nexus is fully compatible with Windows 2000, XP 32/64 bit, 2003 Server, Vista 32/64 bit and Windows 7 32/64 bit.
Supported languages: Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Farsi (Persian), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
The Winstep Nexus dock is a free, stand alone, version of the Nexus dock that is part of the Winstep Xtreme suite of applications, but it has no support for multi-docks and multi-level sub-docks, unlike its bigger 'cousin' in Winstep Xtreme.
Want to put your hands on Winstep Xtreme for only $19.95? Now is your chance!
If you click on the Winstep Xtreme link at the bottom of the About tab in Nexus Preferences, you get access to a nice, 50% off, Winstep Xtreme promotion.