2) No clear instructions on what to do after purchase/found out had to download something else (Impulse) that puts a load of gaming crap on my PC which I'm not interested in. Ok, activated.
This is explained on the last page of the order. The "gaming stuff" is just the Impulsedriven.com webpage loaded in Impulse.
4) Uninstalled and re-installed
5) Which means re-activating and rebooting
6) Now shows more skins, but says I'm not registered.
Uninstalling should not deactivate the software, unless it was uninstalled with something like Revo that would delete the sig7.bin file used to activate.
12) Clicked no textures
13) Stuck with a vista skin and a wooden tiled background (vile)
Something is still not right with this install. Textures should only be applied on a per skin basis. I would suggest uninstalling again, and then running this reg file that will clear the WindowBlinds settings:
This will clear additional settings and should leave you with a clean slate to reinstall.
Now come on, it shouldn't be this messy or buggy after I've handed over cash for a product.
And for most people it isn't. We're sorry your experience has been so difficult.