1. No, it doesnt bug me at all. I was just pointing it out. In fact, you help in keeping the Chatroom alive.
2. Ok, good to know that my advice helps somehow. Sorry, but I had to ask, right? I'm really glad to hear that my viewpoint is mostly in 3rd person, because thats my intention. I always try to leave the "If I were you, I would...." or "dont do this" out of my replies. Sometimes I just cant help it though.
3. Thats understandable. I assume that he isnt exactly....your "best" friend, is that correct?
4. Fair enough. I was just checking to see that you arent mixing your feelings for Mish, with your feelings for someone else, if any. In short, I was just making sure that you see Liz as a friend, because the way you said it, it sounded like you had feelings for both. (Got closer to Liz and Mish....)
5. I know you do. I was trying to say that "emo" as a term, is not only wrong, but also kinda racist. Again, dont let me get started on this.
6. Thats very noble of you Xer07. But you see, its all about choice. If you choose to be selfless at times, (when a friend is in need, or doing a good deed), but you generally are what can be considered as "normal" (neither selfless nor selfish), thats not such a bad thing, is it?
The thing is, that you CANT change the world, but I am sure you already know that.
I cant tell you that you shouldnt at least try to make a difference. I cant tell you something wise, like "The purpose of man in life is....". I cant tell you who you are, or what you will become in the future. But I CAN tell you who you choose to be, at least from what you say here in the Chatroom.
And you choose to be this holy martyr of a man, who lets himself suffer, to make other people happy. At least thats where you're headed.
"Choice....the problem is choice." - Neo
I understand that you are trying really hard, to remain as selfless as you can be, in fear of becoming selfish. This is a common way of dealing with a certain fear, that we humans do it all the time. (example) A very large and powerful company, will do everything to remain at the top, in fear of falling to the bottom, and eventually go bankrupt. You stay on 1 side, in order to avoid going to the other. Usually, choosing the middle road, is the best way to go, but....I assure you, that road has many surprises....
Oh enough of that. I am confusing you, arent I?
Bottom line is, that you need to figure out everything on your own. If I could tell you what to do, and I assured you that if you did what I told you, everyone including yourself would be happy, would you do it? No, you wouldnt. You need to understand on your own, figure things out.
"I can only show you the door....but you're the one that has to go through it." - Morpheas
Ah....the Matrix....there's so much wisdom and truth in that movie...
7. Hmm....and why do you think that happens?
8. I'm not sure I get the house of cards reference, but from what I understand, if Mish founds out how much she hurt Hannah by leaving her, making her feel miserable and all that (considering suicide), she will feel guilty?
9. Hmm, you do know that the meds for depression (and any psych meds) are only covering an open bleeding wound with a patch, right?? The wounds need to heal on their own, with time. The meds are only temporarily reduce or stop the bleeding. They cant heal any wounds. (All being metaphorical of course)
10. I understand this fear of yours. I already said too much in #6. And that "lust" you are talking about, is only your desire to actually start caring about yourself, focus on your personal desires and satisfy your needs, which is something completely natural. If you actually said, that you feel completely 100% selfless and you only care about others, then I'd call you a big fat liar. Its impossible to say the least.
I didnt get that....at all: "Carving out a name for myself in textbooks" I know what the words mean, but....it must be something metaphorical as I dont get it
There is no "why" in your love for Mishayla. I have tried really hard to explain many things about true love, but I have failed miserably. But all I know is, that "why" is the wrong question to ask yourself. You didnt choose this, you CANT choose who you fall in love with. Even if you try really hard, it still might not happen. So the right question to ask, would be "how", not "why".
Or maybe you are talking about something else, and I just FAIL to interpret it.
My personal opinion: Sometime in the future, all that pressure you put on yourself, "I have to be selfless", "I have to be nice and honest", "I have to be unlike my father", and all that, will probably cause a burst in the future. I mean a psychological burst of suppressed feelings/emotions or desires. You cant just put all that pressure on yourself, suppress all these feelings, put such a heavy burden on your shoulders, and expect nothing bad to happen.
You are....what, 16 years old? Gosh, you're so young and yet so heavily burdened You're only human, Xer07. How much more you can take?
"Human beings are a disease, and we are the cure"