OK, working now.
To answer all the questions:
1) Impulse was not in the backup because I had installed it after I made the backup.
2) Which is why I had to install Impulse again after the restore. I had to do the restore because after installing another product, lots of standard system stuff wouldn't work anymore -- even after uninstalling that product.
3) Added My Software tab to Impulse, but upon opening it, it prompted me to input serial numbers -- which I did, for WB 6.
4) After I did 3) I suddenly got two more tabs: My Desktop & My Games. Opening My Desktop showed the full list of products.
So, it looks like inputting the S/N for WB 6 is what got everything rolling.
Thanks for the help!!
Update: Saw the entry in the Start Menu for WindowBlinds Beta 2, ran it, and SURPRISE, the WB 7 themes actually show up in the panel, can be seen in the preview area, can be selected -- and work!
I'm IMPRESSED! Really!