It's not a mystery why there's war in the middle east... The reason for *all* current conflicts there is europe and the US. There are a number of reasons, which I won't dig deeply into here. I'll just say it's oil, religion, politics and borders... All where the "civilized" world (talking about us here, the rich countries in europe and the US) play a HUGE part in maintaining the unstability.
In the end of world war II, europeans and americans felt sorry for the jews (for good reason). So we decided to "give back" their country to them and created a country called Israel... How convenient... Problem solved?? No.. Because neither europeans or americans actually LIVE in the middle east... How'd you feel if someone who doesn't even live in the same country as you do came and pulled a line through your home saying it's some new country? How long would you think it was ok to fight against the injustice? 2 weeks? 2 months? 5 years? The rest of your life? Now consider that this was done in a WAY larger scale, millions of people were affected, and lots of them forced to move from the homes they lived in all their life...
Add to that 50 years of european and american cash and weapons fed to the "appropriate" faction of the month... As far as I know, ALL the major terrorist organisations in the world have been receiving funding from america and europe...
The thing is, this is just a tiny bit of what's been done in the middle east to "maintain order". I'm not at all surprised that there is war there, what surprises me is the fact that people actually think people there are pissed off for no reason.
When you look beyond what you WANT to see, you'll notice that pretty much nothing in the world is as it first seem to be.
I don't see evil, I see great injustice... And I *know* who to blame for it.
I don't think it's OK for them to act the way they do... But really, it's been 50 years, and we still just shrug and send in the bombs when things get too tight...
Whether your contention is correct or not here's the deal:
1. It's 2009 and Israel is going to stop or radically alter Hamas' campaign of terror against it.
2. I don't give a rat's ass about imagined conspiracies, etc. Israelis have the right to live in peace. That's all they ever wanted.
3. They left Gaza, their factories and greenhouses and the treated arable land converted from desert. Period. No compensation. What did the Arabs do with it? Use it to launch their missles.
4. Israel has allies. Get used to it. The Arabs aren't standing so solidly behind Hamas as in the past. Why is that? Because Hamas has precipitated this current round which might be the last round for them there if people have the courage to say: "No more! Live in peace or be gone!"
5. You see great injustice...and you "know" who to blame for it. Funny how your glasses don't focus on everyone equally. Here it's really simple: "Stop. Live in Peace. No? Then leave or die."
Im sure there are many reasons for people being 'pissed off' Regardless, none of these reasons justify strapping on bombs and walking onto a bus full of civilians or tieing up a woman and drilling holes in the top of her head with a powertool.
At some point the HATE has to stop.
Exactly. Let go of it, Hamas. Live in peace or stop living. Either way is OK with me. No tears shed. No compromise. No equivocating. End it or be ended.
What do you think they will do? Which do you think they are capable of choosing?
Oh yeah, and tell me just why is it wrong to defend yourself?