One day until we found out whether or not this country will turn into a crap-hole or not. Let's hope that everything turns out for the most and McCain gets elected.
I had a discussion with someone the other day about why they were voting for Obama. These were her sole reasons:
1. He is really really handsome.
2. I like the way he talks. He is such a good speaker.
3. He gives off such a sense of hope.
When I asked her about the issues she replied:
"I don't really follow the issues. I am voting for Obama because he will bring change."
I replied by asking her what she thought of these issues:
1. Abortion- She finds it wrong.
2. Taxes- She doesn't like taxes because she doesn't get all of her paycheck.
3. The War in Iraq- She thinks we should pull out.
4. Universal Healthcare- She didn't know what it was until I explained, at which point she "thinks" she likes it.
5. A candidate that has ties with people who hate America. (I explained by saying, they could included wives who have smeared the U.S., preachers who hate the U.S. openly, or colleagues who have committed terrorists acts; ) -She replied by saying that if anyone of the candidates were friends with any of those people, she would most definitly not vote for them.
6. Experience- She thought the candidate with the most expereience should probably be elected.
There were a few more issues/topics that I discussed with her, but forget how the conversation went so I won't mention them. After she gave me her opinion on each of these, I proceeded to explain to her each candidates stance/poisition on each topic. As I was explaining them to her, I could tell she was beginning to realize that she actually sided with McCain through a little more than half of the issues. After explaining everything, I asked her again, "Who are you voting for and why?"
She replied, "Obama. He's just going to bring change and He gives if such a sense of hope."
I sighed and walked out of the room. It makes me sick to see such ignorant people as this. If you have good reasons to vote for Obama and you can defend your choice, awesome. (Props to you, Excalpius) But if you are just going to vote for Obama because he's good-looking and He says He is going to bring change, then use these last 24 hours to look over all the issues. PLEASE, PLEASE don't go to the polls ignorant and cast your ballot for someone because they look nice. Here's to hoping McCain gets elected.