I had a visual style in place that emulates Leopard on Vista 64 and just needed the final piece of the puzzle in getting the Finderbar so I purchased the current version of Objectbar 2.1 .
Great piece of software but I did notice something that occurred after I installed it that makes it almost not possible to use.
After I applied the theme to Objectbar whenever I open any window to browse the file system, the menu bar appears and then disappears at random. Almost seems like any click in the window, or any keypress will cause this affect.
I tried to select/unselect the Menubar option under 'Organize -> Layout -> Menubar' (you know where you change the layout of the folder contents).
The side effects of this are:
- Drag and drop to copy/move in/out of folders does not work and will sometimes hang the system.
- Min/max a window that displays some of the file contents is sometimes unresponsive
- Options inside the Explorer window will sometimes not funtion.
What I have tried to get this to work:
- Change the visual style back to Aero, standard and classic
- Changed the theme in Objectbar to others
- Uninstalled Objectbar (does not work, which leads me to think it might be a change in the registry)
The only way to remove this was to go back to a restore point before I installed Objectbar.
System : Vista Home Premium
Ram : 4gigs
Disk : 250 gigs
Video : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 (512 ram)
DirectX : Version 10
Objectbar : 2.1
RocketDock : 1.3.5
Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if I posted to the wrong forum, I didn't see one specifically for Objectbar, and this is a sweet piece of software that I would rather not have to lose $20 on.
Ok - After trying to load another theme and having Objectbar lock my entire laptop up (had to remove the battery to reboot) I've narrowed down something odd. After I click on 'My Computer' on the desktop, I can use <alt><tab> to cause the menu bar to display/disappear. Not sure if this is normal, but I'm looking into it.
Going to work my way backwards, uninstall, etc... Maybe it's not OB but we'll see...