I know this is an older thread, but:
- I'd like to have a way to 'draw' using DX. For example, It would be nice to be able to create a 'Line' object and tell it to draw a line from (x1,y1) to (x2,y2), or a 'circle/polygon' object and tell it to draw a circle or polygon at (x,y,radius,numofsides), etc... The objects would have states, properties that could be set, scriptable, etc...
- I'd like have a way to import 3-D model data (.DXF, .3DS, .OBJ) into an object (i.e. instead of each object state having an 'object.picture' property, an 'object.model' property would be cool
I know these are most likely not possible because DX does not have a 'drawing engine' or a '3-D engine'... (
I don't know if this would be possible by way of ActiveX controls or dircectly accessing the Windows APIs.
- A couple of 'design tools' would be useful:
- a drag&drop 'form/object designer' would be cool (to allow a DX user to easily build a 'form-like' object or a larger object. (By 'form-like'I mean a window with objects (input boxes, radio buttons, titles, tabs,graphic objects, etc.) like the form designer in Visual Basic or Microsoft Office.
- a right click popup menu designer, with properties like in thomassen's textbox object WWW Link
- an easy to use and configure(with different options) 'reflection' object - which makes a reflection of the parent object or group. (Using Imagemagic).