Ok deleted the old one and cleared it out of the DesktopX cache.
Downloaded this one and fired it up. This picture shows what I got from that. I'll write more below it.
The top image is the message that I got upon starting it up. It never actually exited though.
Right below that is what it looked like after click Ok.
Below that is what it looked like after hitting the toggle list button. Also in that shot is what I see when mousing over the menu button.
Hitting the menu button still didn't have any effect though.
Also I noticed after getting the error message it actually created a settings.ini file which contained the following:
Tried closing it out and restarting figuring that maybe it would change something since it had the settings.ini already present. But everything worked the same.
Hope some of this helps.