HaywoodU - I believe you have made your point in several postings that you have had issues with your icons after installing ObjectDesktop. You have received support from members and Stardock support to try and resolve this problem.
Hankers, Not sure that I have made my point!
1) I do thank everyone on here who tried to help!
2) I decided to quit because, Stardock was not giving me the "warm & fuzzies" that they knew what was going on with the Missing Icon's!
3) Numerous Stardock "solutions" failed and I did not want to be Stardocks "test-bed", and risk doing more damage to my PC.
4) While Stardock did respond in a somewhat timely fashion, the person who was working on the ticket did not appear to be very experienced Which only added to my apprehension of continuing with this debacle. Yrag, I thought, had better solutions.
5) Another one of Stardocks tech. support people kept emailing me saying they were closing the ticket because it was resolved, while it was clear in my emails and phone conversations with support the PROBLEM was NOT solved.
6) When I tried to get a refund, the sales type of person was, rude, and downright nasty (and I was my usual sweet, lovable self, not a way to win over customers).
I agree that I will be missing out on some "great desktop customization", but at what cost?
I wish this forum & Stardock continued success.