1400x900

By on October 5, 2007 9:59:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

wr@ith

Join Date 03/2007
HELLO everyone i have been dowloading here for some time but im lost sometimes as the people who do the wallpapers only do them in low rea plz dont take this as an insult as i cant and never would be able to do them and you guys are amazing but is there a reason for not doing them in higher rezes ??? but anyway thank you all so much your work is very much appreciated.
As i have a 14400x900 ws the lower ones only fit in the middle and when stretched look very bad and that is then defeting the point.
26 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 5, 2007 10:11:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Higher resolutions take a lot more work and I think "the market" for them is still lower than lower rez.

Bebi Bulma will probably be by at some point with a link to hi-rez wall sites.  I can never remember because she's usually around. 
October 5, 2007 10:20:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
As i have a 14400x900 ws the lower ones only fit in the middle and when stretched look very bad and that is then defeting the point.

If you made walls you would understand that its rather hard to make something that will look right on a resolution that you do not have.

Same as DX Themes. A 1400 x 900 Theme is useless to me. I lose anything that is on the right side after 1280 pixels. So do I demand they make things to fit my monitor ?

Of course not - I just use what is available - you can't custom order from people that are making skins for free. If your not happy about that then your only option is to learn how to skin. If you get a good graphics program - any wall can be made to fit your own resolution with a bit of creativity.

October 5, 2007 10:21:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Wr@ith, I replied to you on my recent wallpaper but Ill reply again. I only have a 1280*1024 resolution monitor therefore if I attempt to make a wallpaper in a higher resolution Id have no way of checking it for quality, eg, pixelation etc. So, thats the reason I wont release any wallpapers at a higher resolution.
There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 5, 2007 10:29:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
If you like scenery, I have some here:  Austria Widescreen Wallpaper Pack
October 5, 2007 10:59:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I too , have a 1440 x 900 ... Not so much of a problem for me as my Desktop Sidebar Application has a little prog called ' Make Wallpaper Fit' ~ and it does ... !

I also get a few of my high res pics from here : Some really nice ones,too !!

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/categories.php?id=59&page=1

Check it out !!
October 5, 2007 8:16:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Bebi Bulma will probably be by at some point with a link to hi-rez wall sites. I can never remember because she's usually around.

If you think it's difficult looking for 1400x900...try 1920x1200.

Interfacelift
Widescreen on dA
Wallpapers @ Aqua-soft (usually Mac-esque but always hi-res)
October 5, 2007 8:22:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Good lookin out Bebi  
October 5, 2007 9:00:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Zubaz gives huggles
October 5, 2007 10:48:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Best solution for 1440x900...and other 'widescreen' resolutions is to take the plunge and learn how to crop/alter whatever wall you wish to use, whatever its res.

I recently had my monitor die...it was suited to 1024x768...and its replacement has a default [native] res of 1680x1050 ....equally widescreen in format as 1440x900.

I resized my existing 1024s to 1680 ...and cropped to suit.

Generally they will work just fine, though some may lose bits of the image you'd rather they hadn't.

The problem is, as others have mentioned...they provide resolutions as suited to their own format/s as some  may simply not be able to reset their screens to these other resolutions to verify results...

October 5, 2007 11:03:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
[quote reset their screens to these other resolutions to verify results[/quote]

Didn't know that was possible. How do you do that?
October 5, 2007 11:13:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Didn't know that was possible. How do you do that?

right click desktop > properties > settings tab > slide the little slide bar under 'screen resolution'

depending on your monitor, it may not like that - highest mine goes is 1024x768 = any less and it throws a fit
October 5, 2007 11:15:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Sweet! I'll have to play with that a bit and see how mine handles it. Thanks Bichur!
October 6, 2007 12:02:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
So do I demand they make things to fit my monitor ?

he wasn't demanding that people make them to his resolution, all he was asking is why they make them at lower resolutions.
October 6, 2007 1:28:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
he wasn't demanding that people make them to his resolution, all he was asking is why they make them at lower resolutions.

My response: n00bs. It is *SO* much easier to just make it *truly* hi-res (2650x1600 [widescreen], 1600x1200 [standard]) and let people resize/crop to fit whatever their resolution is. But no...... Instead we have to try to size them up which looks like crap or find something bigger.
October 6, 2007 8:08:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I didnt say HE damanded anything - I stated do 'I' demand that others make things to fit my screen..

wr@ith - buzzh58 has made a 1400 x 900 version of " Raven " because this wall is on a black background it might be possible it will look ok. I will try to email it to you through the WC user email. If you don't receive it let me know - also, let him know if it looks ok. Like Jafo said - its impossible to check the quality of a wall if you do not have that resolution.

I have sent the 2 walls to your Hotmail account..

October 6, 2007 8:36:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
You might try asking a particular artist. I can't speak for everyone, but I have received a few requests for my walls to be in a higher resolution. Most of the time, I have saved the original psd and will knock one out for them. I don't know that other artists take such requests, but you could always send them a very flattering email and ask. (I love those emails. )
October 6, 2007 8:40:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I didnt say HE damanded anything - I stated do 'I' demand that others make things to fit my screen

I think it was the way you put it. I read it both ways. It's that evil squiggle you have going on there. Will somebody PUH-LEEZE call in an exorcist and get rid of it once and for all!?

October 6, 2007 10:09:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I was under the impression that it doesn't take anymore time to make a wall in different res.  I resize the closest res. to the one I use and if its distorted, I scrap it.
October 6, 2007 10:59:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I also have a 1440x900 on my laptop.I don't make many walls but when I do I include a 1440x900.not a big selection but a couple anyway!
October 6, 2007 12:28:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I was under the impression that it doesn't take anymore time to make a wall in different res. I resize the closest res. to the one I use and if its distorted, I scrap it.

Depending on what it is. Sometimes if you make a wall on 1280 then resize it to 1024 it will have striations all through it. Round objects will not be round.
Thats where you have to be creative and try to make it work or redo the wall from
scratch .

October 6, 2007 12:34:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think it was the way you put it. I read it both ways. It's that evil squiggle you have going on there. Will somebody PUH-LEEZE call in an exorcist and get rid of it once and for all!?

I would not suggest touching the evil squiggle this close to Halloween - the evil power is increased tenfold - wondering how that Evil Squiggle would resize into Avatar hmmm

I suppose I could of put it another way but I knew what I meant
October 6, 2007 6:11:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Fairyy~, my point was that if you make a wall in 1024 or 1280 , it takes the same amount of time.
October 6, 2007 8:10:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
wr@ith, I just uploaded higher resolutions for the wall you put a comment on the other day. It is awaiting moderation. If you want it, I can email it to you, or you can download it when its ready.   
October 6, 2007 8:29:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Fairyy~, my point was that if you make a wall in 1024 or 1280 , it takes the same amount of time.

I misunderstood you - your right..which is why its better to make the wall at the highest resolution that you have. You can resize down but you cant make it bigger without it looking pixelated.
October 6, 2007 8:49:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
wondering how that Evil Squiggle would resize into Avatar hmmm

striation-ary?   Your going to lose quality resizing up or down.

To the OP - making walls look good at all resolutions and keeping the design intact throughout can be painstaking.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.