A very special thank you.

By on December 29, 2015 9:29:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

DaveBax

Join Date 10/2007
+514

I just lost a friend of over 30 years yesterday. He was only two years older than me. Lost my wife of 44 years a few years ago. It makes one wonder if you said and did everything you wanted to because when someone is gone there are no second changes to say or do anything that may be on your mind or exactly how you really do feel about the person if you haven’t already said or done it.

People tell me I’m not old. Nice to hear but when you are over 70 at least for me I believe that is old.

I’m in daily contact with some here on Wincustomize. But I have talked to so many people from WC here over my 8+ years being a member. Before I don’t have a chance it’s time to say this. Many have helped me to learn the ins and outs of Skin-studio to help me become a Skinner and continue to help when needed. There are so many, I’m not going to list names because I’m afraid I may miss a few and don’t want that to happen. Plus some have helped and I don't know their name. To sum it up if you need help and people here can help or advise, just ask and you will get it.

For all the people who I’m in contact with, have helped me, have downloaded and liked my skins, and who have just been here for me for any reason. I would like to thank all of you so very much.

For Stardock I thank you for the work you do and the great programs you make that have really helped me to keep busy, and make my computer look the way I like it to. To the Mods that keep the forums running smoothly, create post, etc. keep up the great work. It takes co-operation and good people to keep something going and this organization has that.

So not to worry as of now I’m feeling fine and not saying this because of any reason except I want you all to know how much I have appreciated this place. It's the family you never met but you know they are there.

Thank you for everything again,

Dave

20 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 29, 2015 9:58:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dave....the world's a better place for your being in it...

December 29, 2015 10:27:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

+10

December 29, 2015 10:41:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

My sentiment exactly. Hank...your ten and up you +1.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 29, 2015 11:39:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Super Dave, you have been a friend to me and my wife and we both have enjoyed talking to you, both on Skype, and on the phone.

We love you as one of our own and will always be here when you need a friend. You have been a blessing to us.

Thank YOU for all that you do and for being part of our lives.

Now, go skin something......

December 29, 2015 11:52:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend yesterday Dave, my sympathies. You know my story, so we both know losses are tough. You are appreciated here for sure though!

December 29, 2015 11:59:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Believe it or not, there are a lot of us over 60 on this site.  And as you know I Skype a lot of people, you being one.  Like you, this is my home away from home.

December 29, 2015 12:30:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you for everything
No, thank YOU Dave !

December 29, 2015 1:12:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

December 29, 2015 1:13:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wincustomize is definitely a better place with you being around, Dave.

December 29, 2015 2:06:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm with them, Dave....  Thank you for being you, we wouldn't want you any other way!! 

December 29, 2015 2:12:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Being that you're my sometimes protagonist I wouldn't want it any other way. God bless you DB. 

December 29, 2015 3:16:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dave, sorry for your losses and thank you for being here. Your presence is appreciated.

December 29, 2015 5:05:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm really close to you, time is passing but the feeling of the good days will always remain.

December 29, 2015 5:07:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would like to quote everyone Dave! You've been an exceptional influence here and for me especially. I also am sorry for your loss I have had a couple close friends pass also lately and know you must express your inner feelings as no one no matter how old is gauranteed another day. Still thankful I'm above ground! 

December 29, 2015 5:41:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wrote the above really not about me losing my friend. It just reminded me there is no time limit on age when one leaves this World. Just wanted to make sure you know my feelings about you all and Stardock for their work.

Really appreciate the comments as it makes me feel very welcome here.

December 29, 2015 11:43:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Quoting Jafo,

My sentiment exactly. Hank...your ten and up you +1.

I'll see your 11 and raise you a hundred.

None of us are getting any younger, Dave, least of all you.  You're among the oldest of old farts here, along with Doc, and it is great to see you both on a regular if not daily basis.  I mean, who else would provide the heightened level of wit and sass with the style and pizzazz that you both do?   Nobody!  Jafo tries, and even though he's older than dirt, simply, he lacks the experience of time served to be as successfully sassy as....

I have to admit that I've not downloaded all your skins, but then I've not downloaded much of anything in recent times.  In fact, I haven't changed my desktop in yonks... like about 6 - 7 months or so.  It's usually more frequently than that, but I've had other priorities of late, and what I have up is pleasing enough... for now.  I will, however, look into downloading some fresh skins now that I'm more settled in my own place.

And yeah, what everyone else said, the world is a better place with you in it, Dave.

December 30, 2015 4:21:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

lovely post and lovely comments.... and a big ditto from me... 

December 30, 2015 6:37:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you Dave,you're a great man..Don't know how you survived in 44 years without your wife..you like a teacher and family to me..

December 30, 2015 10:32:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Mr. DB, you are a true and valued friend. Not only are you an asset here at WC, you must surely be one everywhere you are known. I'll say you are welcome in reply to your wonderful post, and a very special Thank You to you as well.

December 30, 2015 6:38:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Supreme post Dave.

You're a gem and as Wiz said, you must be one everywhere you are known.

Thank YOU for making us all feel so warm.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001344   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.