WindowBlinds 10 Beta Thread

By on December 15, 2015 4:00:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+766

WindowBlinds 10 beta is available for Object Desktop members.

More info about that here: http://forums.stardock.com/474045

Please use this thread for discussion about the beta and reporting of any issues you might come across. 

WB v10.0.1 update:

• Added skin rebuild list button
  • Fixed config screen resolution

407 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 16, 2015 11:42:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok, so I ran http://sd.stardock.com/zubaz/apps/Purge_WB.bat and now WB10 is working. Office 2013 is not skinned but maybe?

December 16, 2015 12:39:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Same problem here. No skin will apply. And if you reboot when windows starts it's reverted back to windows classic theme. Not even 7 aero. Uninstalled , cleaned reg and reinstalled WB8. Now asking me to re activate but when i input my product key it takes ages and then gives me the message that it's having issues contacting the activation server. Let me know when WB10 final is released until then WB10 stays away from my PC.

December 16, 2015 12:47:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Nimbin,

Same problem here. No skin will apply. And if you reboot when windows starts it's reverted back to windows classic theme. Not even 7 aero. Uninstalled , cleaned reg and reinstalled WB8. Now asking me to re activate but when i input my product key it takes ages and then gives me the message that it's having issues contacting the activation server. Let me know when WB10 final is released until then WB10 stays away from my PC.

This may indicate files were not replaced correctly on install.

Did you install WB10 over WB8 directly, or did you uninstall WB8, REBOOT (critical bit) and then install WB10?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 16, 2015 2:00:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For those needing the Rebuild List function, I discovered a workaround. Copy your WindowBlinds folder into Public Documents first, (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stardock) then install WB10.

December 16, 2015 2:12:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If I renew my Objectdesktop subscription, will I  get access to the WB 10 beta?  Would love that!

December 16, 2015 2:14:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm keeping WB 8.13 on Win 8.1

Got Win 10 on dual boot so going to give WB 10 a go there.

December 16, 2015 2:23:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

Did you install WB10 over WB8 directly, or did you uninstall WB8, REBOOT (critical bit) and then install WB10?
There's no way I'd replace a fully functional, fine looking WB program on Win 7 with this new beta.  Bad enough it doesn't work for me on Win10 without worrying about it breaking on Win7. BTW, I think the new UI is HORRID!

( I do understand it's a beta but the baby is ugly right out of the gate imho.)

December 16, 2015 2:28:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Never mind, I decided it was time to renew my subscription anyway and it's done!  Will let you know how WB 10 beta works here.  Thank you, Neil Banfield and all those who helped make WB 10 possible!

Just installed WB 10 beta along with Start10 and my desktop is back to its old, beautiful self.  Even my old favorite WB skins are working beautifully.  Start10 has made waiting for WB 10 a lot easier but it sure is nice to have WB back again.  So far, everything is working beautifully and I am over the moon happy 

December 16, 2015 2:46:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wiz, did you load your drivers yourself, or did you let W10 fetch them? Could that be the issue?

December 16, 2015 2:48:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

( I do understand it's a beta but the baby is ugly right out of the gate imho.)

Please use this thread for discussion about the beta and reporting of any issues you might come across.

Please note that this is a support thread and as such stick with reporting issues you find with the beta app.

December 16, 2015 2:55:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Wiz, did you load your drivers yourself, or did you let W10 fetch them? Could that be the issue?
Nope. I learned long ago to mistrust MS with any and all driver updates.  I've tried six times now  with my AV (AVG) disabled even. Nothing seems to work. Not really worth all this effort as my main OS will remain Win7 but I do dual boot to 10, and just renewed my ODNT sub so had I  access to the beta and wanted to rid Win 10 of all its ugliness.

I think I'll just wait now for the release version.

December 16, 2015 3:00:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Could it be the dual boot thing, Wiz? WB8 had no prob with that...dunno re WB10, though. Neil knows, though.

December 16, 2015 4:11:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

I applied default Win 7 Theme. Uninstalled WB8. rebooted then installed WB10 and rebooted again. That's how i always do it and have never encountered this issue before. That's why i am so surprised. It's no big deal, I'll just wait until WB10 Final is ready then upgrade.

December 16, 2015 4:31:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hmm weird.it must only affect certain machines as my pos pawn shop computer runs everything even wb10 beta perfectly. course i also let ms install all my drivers from new.i will add though,course im not sure if this was windowblinds fault or just a hiccup in one of my drivers but when i first tried it attempted to unload my gfx driver and install and it broke my pc,forcing me to do a fresh install on windows 10 altogether.i still had files from previous windows 8 on an upgrade and that could have messed it up.but on a fresh install everything runs smooth.im using nemesis.wba and everythings skinned even explorer backgrounds.

perhaps like windows 10 had issues with certain pcs,in turn windowblinds has issues with some pcs due to ms negligiance.

just a thought.otherwise as a beta i like where it is going

December 16, 2015 4:33:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Quoting RedneckDude,

Ken, check the box, then go back to the skins and hit apply.

Once I rebooted, the icon isn't there. 

Same experience I have

December 16, 2015 5:56:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Could it be the dual boot thing, Wiz? WB8 had no prob with that...dunno re WB10, though. Neil knows, though.

I am dual booted here, and triple booted in the other room. No problems whatsoever, other than the tray icon thing.

December 16, 2015 6:18:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Running Win 10 with WB10 installed. So far so good. changing skins works pretty good but the UI......since its a Beta can you make the UI less fugly, and add some buttons. Other than that WB10 is behaving. It even skinned Chrome, not using Edge...YUCK!

December 16, 2015 6:28:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Running Win 10 with WB10 installed. So far so good. changing skins works pretty good but the UI......since its a Beta can you make the UI less fugly, and add some buttons. Other than that WB10 is behaving.

What is wrong with the UI?

December 16, 2015 6:31:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Still can't resize it. And buttons like about...settings etc.

December 16, 2015 7:50:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

A great holiday gift! 

Thanks Stardock!!

December 16, 2015 8:38:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello, sorry, if that was posted here already.... First post from me ;]

I got an transparent menu/header window with Tor Browser, Top Bar, Tabs and Buttons hiding/tansparent.... if it helps i can post a screenshot too

And else, Taskbar, Rightclick Explorer and see Fast Access Buttons like Dokuments, Music and so on, background is not changed.... Only a black "placeholder"? Or any other Shortcut on Taskbar

Windowblinds/Object Desktop latest (Beta) version... running on Win 10

December 16, 2015 8:39:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Still can't resize it. And buttons like about...settings etc.

About and settings are pages in the app on the left side.

The UI can be resized but it sounds like you have a low res monitor.  The next build allows a smaller vertical size IF the monitor is smaller than 900 pixels tall.

December 16, 2015 8:44:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Chihayafuru,

Hello, sorry, if that was posted here already.... First post from me ;]

I got an transparent menu Window with Tor Browser, Top Bar, Tabs and Buttons hiding.... if it helps i can post a screenshot too

And else, Taskbar, Rightclick Explorer and see Fast Access Buttons like Dokuments, Music and so on is not changed.... Only a black "placeholder"? Or any other Shortcut on Taskbar

Windowblinds/Object Desktop latest (Beta) version... running on Win 10

If your taskbar is not being skinned are you using Start10 and is it the latest version?

December 16, 2015 9:00:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Did some Screenshots, english's not my native language... easier to explain :]

Yes, using Start 10 too and Blinds and Start latest versions... One Update just before a short time.... Does not matter which skin i use, that black background is everytime there in the rightclick menus and second one is Tor Browser menu with transparent header.... Its normal shown with default windows scheme but with Windowblinds transparent

Windowblinds Color "use taskbar/startmenu from the current skin"
Windows settings: Automatic colour / does not matter if enabled or not

Dark Menu

Transparent Tor

December 16, 2015 9:17:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Chihayafuru,

Did some Screenshots, english's not my native language... easier to explain :]

Yes, using Start 10 too and Blinds and Start latest versions... One Update just before a short time.... Does not matter which skin i use, that black background is everywhere in the rightclick menus and second one is Tor Browser menu with transparent header.... Its normal shown with default windows scheme but with Windowblinds transparent

Reduced 96%
Dark Menu
Original 344 x 456

Reduced 56%
Transparent Tor
Original 1054 x 113

That menu is normal.  It will not skin on Windows 10

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.