What do you want fixed on WinCustomize?

By on November 16, 2015 9:40:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

T-Man

Join Date 03/2001
+50

Hi All,

For those of you who do not know me, I'm a developer here at Stardock.  Actually one of the original developers of WinCustomize.com.  

As you have seen, WinCustomize has not had many updates recently.  So, I'm looking to try and clean things up a little bit here. Starting out by fixing a few things.  So, I'm asking you, what issues on WinCustomize have really been bugging you that you would like to have fixed?

146 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Stramp
November 20, 2015 3:47:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,

Yes, the personal page did have a comments section.  When there was a promotion in the community you could always go to their personal page, if they made one, and give the a personal congratulation on their promotion.  

I see, I don't remember the comment section but then again you are talking to someone who does not know his age half the time and the other half gets it wrong.

November 20, 2015 5:46:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

I see, I don't remember the comment section but then again you are talking to someone who does not know his age half the time and the other half gets it wrong.

Now you are making a lot of sense. Somebody just like me. 

November 20, 2015 8:09:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Now you are making a lot of sense. Somebody just like me. 

And I thought I was unique, bummer

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 21, 2015 12:27:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

The ratings don't work - all my skins should have a 10 on them and they don't...

Same here FL! 

Oh I book marked my personal page long ago! Still works! 

http://stramp.wincustomize.com/ 

November 21, 2015 12:36:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WTG Stramp!!!

November 21, 2015 1:15:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good day,

is a feature request an option?

Win 10 is out and lacking a decent set of keyboard shortcuts to manage virtual desktops. Having an utility that would let me jump to virtual desktop No N, move a window there would be of great help.

Cheers.

Don.

November 21, 2015 4:37:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

I've haven't received a recent report of ratings not working. You'd have to be more specific about what browser you are using, any ad-blockers, etc.
Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

The ratings don't work - all my skins should have a 10 on them and they don't...

Im having o2 as internet provider. Technically my network connection goes trough a proxy server(not knowing if it affects the rating site . normally no problems).

Browsers i tried so far: Chrome , Chromium, and Firefox on the following systems: Windows 7, Windows XP, Winodws 8.1 , Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit , 14.10 64 bit and others.

Help please. I do mean i can`t even rate  or   stars and see my vote applied. But i can see the averaged one and select it. Not as  funny as you think.

regards bluedxcva93

November 21, 2015 5:55:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

While we are at it http://fuzzylogic.wincustomize.com/index.aspx?SID=645

There's no place like home!

November 21, 2015 6:34:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting bluedxca93,

Quoting Island Dog,

I've haven't received a recent report of ratings not working. You'd have to be more specific about what browser you are using, any ad-blockers, etc.
Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

Im having o2 as internet provider. Technically my network connection goes trough a proxy server(not knowing if it affects the rating site . normally no problems).

Browsers i tried so far: Chrome , Chromium, and Firefox on the following systems: Windows 7, Windows XP, Winodws 8.1 , Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit , 14.10 64 bit and others.

Help please. I do mean i can`t even rate  or   stars and see my vote applied. But i can see the averaged one and select it. Not as  funny as you think.

regards bluedxcva93

I am betting you also cannot post comments on the skins.  Both require cookies to be enabled [not blocked] for the site....

November 21, 2015 6:52:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://teddybearcholla.wincustomize.com/   

Strange my link doesn't work here... I bookmarked mine a long time ago... anyway would be nice if they came back, with the ability to comment. Well whatever the  great Wizard of OZ ... T-Man fixes, will be greatly appreciated!  Nice to know you are still here T-Man!!

November 21, 2015 7:07:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting teddybearcholla,

http://teddybearcholla.wincustomize.com/   

Strange my link doesn't work here... I bookmarked mine a long time ago... anyway would be nice if they came back, with the ability to comment. Well whatever the  great Wizard of OZ ... T-Man fixes, will be greatly appreciated!  Nice to know you are still here T-Man!!

Which link? the link you posted is working.

November 21, 2015 7:12:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I dunno tbc....link works just fine.

November 21, 2015 7:14:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

mmmm.... well I assumed it didn't because the one on the other page didn't work, and it looked like it didn't but I guess it did.... time for some coffee I think!!! lol!!

November 21, 2015 7:26:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It seems that a lot of people still have their personal page so I cannot understand why mine would be deleted. I don't want to keep harping on the topic but it seems rather unfair to me. I am a paying member with a recent promotion so I feel that I should have the same privileges as other members. Either have personal pages for every paying and contributing member or none at all. Why is that to much to ask?

November 21, 2015 7:27:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting teddybearcholla,

mmmm.... well I assumed it didn't because the one on the other page didn't work, and it looked like it didn't but I guess it did.... time for some coffee I think!!! lol!!
You have to remember to hit the space bar after every link in the forums to make it live.

http://wizard1956.wincustomize.com/(without space)

http://wizard1956.wincustomize.com/ with space

That's another thing that could use fixing.

November 21, 2015 8:09:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It seems that a lot of people still have their personal page so I cannot understand why mine would be deleted. I don't want to keep harping on the topic but it seems rather unfair to me. I am a paying member with a recent promotion so I feel that I should have the same privileges as other members. Either have personal pages for every paying and contributing member or none at all. Why is that to much to ask?

It's too much to ask because personal pages have been gone for years. The fact some people's pages are still there is a legacy only. It's not personal that some pages have been deleted and others haven't. The people who still have pages are fortunate to do so, they have no right to expect them to be there

November 21, 2015 8:49:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

It's too much to ask because personal pages have been gone for years. The fact some people's pages are still there is a legacy only. It's not personal that some pages have been deleted and others haven't. The people who still have pages are fortunate to do so, they have no right to expect them to be there

I accept your explanation though it is still strange to me the process that took place for some to be deleted and others not. It is not difficult to completely remove a feature from the site however it appears that half a job was carried out. I am not asking for the remaining personal pages to be removed as that would not be a positive move.

This thread is about what we want fixed and I would like to have the personal pages back but I guess there is not the will to do so. What I don't understand is why the decision to get rid of them in the first place. The personal page looks quite nice and reflects positively on the overall professional look of the site. It was something that I was proud of showing nonmembers or sharing the link with friends. I think it was a nice addition to the site and it makes no sense to me why it was considered unimportant enough to get rid of.

I will put this to bed now before I piss people off with my complaining.

November 21, 2015 9:10:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Icons - I uninstalled all of the stardock software and then installed Win 10 x64 upgrade. No more icons on the desktop except the generic "no icon" icon. I can't restore the default icons, only alternative icons.All tech resources point to the Icon packager component as being a known culprit.

I would like a fix for this ASAP to return my Windows (icon wise) back to a state that was equivalent to that before StarDock was on the system.

What say you?

November 21, 2015 9:15:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

What I don't understand is why the decision to get rid of them in the first place.

The methodology of their function attracted undesirable comment/activity which forced their disabling.  I have always thought that sites with contributing member content should always afford the users doing so a personal presence above and beyond a user number and avatar.

The personal sites' removal was both undesirable and necessary.

It need not remain such...

November 21, 2015 9:19:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RBrubaker,

Icons - I uninstalled all of the stardock software and then installed Win 10 x64 upgrade. No more icons on the desktop except the generic "no icon" icon. I can't restore the default icons, only alternative icons.All tech resources point to the Icon packager component as being a known culprit.

I would like a fix for this ASAP to return my Windows (icon wise) back to a state that was equivalent to that before StarDock was on the system.

What say you?

I'd say you are commenting in the wrong thread.  If you have an issue with Stardock software the appropriate course of action is to contact support...

November 21, 2015 9:19:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I still have my personal site.

November 21, 2015 10:13:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

The personal sites' removal was both undesirable and necessary.
I'll give karma for that, Sir! I am sure it was a tough decision to make.

November 21, 2015 10:19:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I remember some of the flack over it, vaguely

November 21, 2015 10:32:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RBrubaker,

What say you?

Try these: http://forums.wincustomize.com/436401/page/1/#3490071

Or, in search,type regedit. Then go to the following Key;

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\IconHandler delete it and reboot.

Apologies for wandering off topic.

November 21, 2015 11:32:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting bluedxca93,

Help please. I do mean i can`t even rate or stars and see my vote applied.

It is my experience that when I rate a skin, my rating doesn't show until the next time I visit that skin. I think that is the norm.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000407   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.