What do you want fixed on WinCustomize?

By on November 16, 2015 9:40:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

T-Man

Join Date 03/2001
+50

Hi All,

For those of you who do not know me, I'm a developer here at Stardock.  Actually one of the original developers of WinCustomize.com.  

As you have seen, WinCustomize has not had many updates recently.  So, I'm looking to try and clean things up a little bit here. Starting out by fixing a few things.  So, I'm asking you, what issues on WinCustomize have really been bugging you that you would like to have fixed?

146 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 19, 2015 11:08:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,

Quoting Wizard1956,

sViz even made a  widget that used that data to show this on the desktop.

Before I use the widget does it still work?

No, not until WC adds that info back onto the site. Even then, it may need to be updated.

November 19, 2015 1:31:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Whatever happened to our page that looks like Christine's below?. I had it at one time but now it has gone. Why has it disappeard and can we get it back?

Those are old personal pages that were discontinued years ago. 

That is not really a good answer because I had that page at one time. At least in my case it was deleted not discontinued and some still have it so why do some still have it while others don't. I like the way that page looks and it gives specific details about who we are here such as a ranking and our skins.

November 19, 2015 1:39:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

That is not really a good answer because I had that page at one time. At least in my case it was deleted not discontinued and some still have it so why do some still have it while others don't. I like the way that page looks and it gives specific details about who we are here such as a ranking and our skins.

I totally agree! 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 19, 2015 1:49:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

I don't have an exact answer. Those were discontinued many years ago, and I assume some have been deleted in the process. Any remaining are just legacy and not something that's worth removing completely at this time.

I like the personal pages, and I tried to get people to use them but most wouldn't so they made no sense to continue when WC was updated at one time.

November 19, 2015 2:26:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I understand you said there will be no major changes to the site and how it will look.

How about a small change that would make WC pop out when people came to visit. Look at the Galactic Civilizations page. http://forums.galciv3.com/ 

Imagine what that would look like with the boring Blue you see on all the WC pages. The actual information page size is the same as WC and just the background is different which makes this site pop out, stand out, whatever you want to call it. That to me doesn't look like a major change. Especially if it was only done for the main page, as even the would be nice.

November 19, 2015 2:30:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

I don't have an exact answer. Those were discontinued many years ago, and I assume some have been deleted in the process. Any remaining are just legacy and not something that's worth removing completely at this time.

I like the personal pages, and I tried to get people to use them but most wouldn't so they made no sense to continue when WC was updated at one time.

Well that sucks. I don't think some should have been deleted while others were not. I used that page and would have found out my last promotion a lot sooner if I still had it. By the way you say years ago but I think it was only 3 or 4 years ago that I had that page which technically is years ago but not ancient. Anyway besides LightStar I seem to be the only one that cares about it so I guess it is not likely to ever return. 

November 19, 2015 4:27:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Quoting Island Dog,

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Well that sucks. I don't think some should have been deleted while others were not. I used that page and would have found out my last promotion a lot sooner if I still had it. By the way you say years ago but I think it was only 3 or 4 years ago that I had that page which technically is years ago but not ancient. Anyway besides LightStar I seem to be the only one that cares about it so I guess it is not likely to ever return. 

I think the personal page should be brought back , I for one find very useful keeping track of all my skins and

it allows me to refer others to download more from the same category with links  - a lot of useful info for skinners.

I still have the personal page but some options to make changes in it are gone.

One thought here maybe My Personal Page could be included as part of Object Desktop ( My Downloads ) , or sold separately

for a small fee ( one-time only fee ) for those Skinners who want it - it would be nice for them to have the option .

For me it's something that WinCustomize offered that no other site gives you , just another reason to keep coming back as a member ( skinner ).

Az

November 19, 2015 4:58:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Anyway besides LightStar I seem to be the only one that cares about it so I guess it is not likely to ever return.

You might want to check comment #39.

November 19, 2015 5:18:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Anyway besides LightStar I seem to be the only one that cares about it so I guess it is not likely to ever return.

Yes and #40 and #41 as well. JC, What the hell am I and RND...., chopped liver???

November 19, 2015 6:14:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
November 19, 2015 6:16:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

OK, I missed those replies. Good to know there are others that want it.

November 19, 2015 7:11:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would like to see it back also.

Look at Tim showing off up there. Now I really want it back.

November 19, 2015 7:42:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://teddybearcholla.wincustomize.com/

November 19, 2015 10:22:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://puterdudejim.wincustomize.com/ 

http://chubbyhusband.wincustomize.com/      

November 19, 2015 10:25:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://redneckdude.wincustomize.com/

November 19, 2015 10:56:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://wizard1956.wincustomize.com/

Still a member and damn proud of it.

November 20, 2015 2:11:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What I'd like on WinCustomize is a set of categories that are more useful. Fro instance, if I wish to search for a dark skin, icon set, etc, I have to hope the author has used that word in the title. It would be nice to have categories that are relevant to what people want to search for. Surely I'm not the only one who would like to search by colour? I realise no one wants to go through all the skins, etc and apply categorical descriptions, but it would be nice. It might be interesting, in lieu of that, to check the search statistics to see which categories people actually use. I can't imagine too many people are searching for the 2004 GUI championships stuff, but I may well be wrong.

Some of the categories aren't massively useful either. When searching for an Icon Packager set, one of the categories is 'things'. What does that mean? Is that useful?

Even searching by category is a bit odd. I drop down the category list, tick what I want and then... well, there's no button. I have to then drop down the 'Explore filters' thing and hit the 'apply' button in there. 

November 20, 2015 2:52:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

FIX THE RATING SYSTEM FOR SKINS. IT LACKS ON MY PC Honestly i a m complaining from timteto time and everytime i hear , use another browser or it works. NO IT DOESNT.

I THINK WE SCHOULD BE ABLE TO RATE. Sometimies i want to rate  a 5/10 skin 8 and a 10 star one 8 , so why isn ma rating viewed?.

OTHER THAN THAT SMALL ISSUE GREAT SITE .

regards bluedxca93

November 20, 2015 6:41:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://uvah.wincustomize.com/

9 years and goin' strong.

November 20, 2015 8:54:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://lightstar.wincustomize.com/

13 years and many more to come! 

November 20, 2015 8:58:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting bluedxca93,

FIX THE RATING SYSTEM FOR SKINS. IT LACKS ON MY PC Honestly i a m complaining from timteto time and everytime i hear , use another browser or it works. NO IT DOESNT.

I THINK WE SCHOULD BE ABLE TO RATE. Sometimies i want to rate  a 5/10 skin 8 and a 10 star one 8 , so why isn ma rating viewed?.

OTHER THAN THAT SMALL ISSUE GREAT SITE .

regards bluedxca93

I've haven't received a recent report of ratings not working. You'd have to be more specific about what browser you are using, any ad-blockers, etc.

November 20, 2015 11:26:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The ratings don't work - all my skins should have a 10 on them and they don't...

November 20, 2015 11:53:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://philly0381.wincustomize.com/

Damn, just hit the 11 year mark a couple of weeks ago, member since 6 Nov 2004

Back to the personal page question, if my memory serves me correctly we used to have a comment section and a member of the community took exception to something and began leaving disparaging remarks.  First the comment section was elimated and then the personal page was discontinued.  As I say, this is what I remember, I could be wrong. 

Oops, looks like some of us have hijacked this thread, shame on us. 

November 20, 2015 12:00:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,

http://philly0381.wincustomize.com/

Damn, just hit the 11 year mark a couple of weeks ago, member since 6 Nov 2004

Back to the personal page question, if my memory serves me correctly we used to have a comment section and a member of the community took exception to something and began leaving disparaging remarks.  First the comment section was elimated and then the personal page was discontinued.  As I say, this is what I remember, I could be wrong. 

Not following you. Do you mean the comment section was on the personal page? if so a simple block member feature would take care of them commenting on the personal page. No need to eliminate something good because of someones comments.

November 20, 2015 3:19:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, the personal page did have a comments section.  When there was a promotion in the community you could always go to their personal page, if they made one, and give the a personal congratulation on their promotion.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.