Winstep Nexus Dock v15.9 Released!

By on October 1, 2015 4:49:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

JcRabbit

Join Date 03/2001
+198

Windows 10 Ready The Winstep Nexus dock is a FREE dock for Windows. Every feature you’d expect from a dock, including widgets, mouse-over effects, skins, drag-and-drop, and many others not available in most other docks, such as live icon reflections, in-dock system tray, blur-behind effects, and much more. Completely customizable, with thousands of different backgrounds freely available online, Nexus is fully compatible with skins for all 3rd party docks.

Supported Languages: Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, Farsi (Persian), Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish.

Nexus runs on the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8.x and Windows 10.

v15.9 is a monster release, with hundreds of changes and additions. Focus was on adding missing key functionality as well as, of course, some new eye-candy.

What's New? Highlighted Features:

• Speed! Due to new and improved activation and hide delay timings, Nexus simply feels a lot more responsive. Rendering performance when shifting icons in a fully expanded Shelf to make room for a new shortcut is now also an order of magnitude faster (Nexus Ultimate only).

• Improved Windows 10 integration.
    • Now fully high-DPI aware. Throw anything at it from 100% to 200% scaling and everything will still work and look as it should. New settings added to control the scaling of menus and the Shelf on high DPI systems.
    • Added support for systems with multiple input languages: new 'Language Bar' internal command can be placed anywhere and emulates the functionality of the Windows language bar.

• New optional Edge Swipe activation mechanism.
    • Shortcuts in the dock now double up as running application icons, so there is no duplication of icons when running applications are being displayed in the dock.

• Shelf now smoothly resizes when double clicking a tab header to fully expand the Shelf in order to show all the contents of that tab at once (Nexus Ultimate only).
    • Weather module now automatically retrieves the user's location when running for the first time. Also added new 'Get My Location' button in the Weather settings panel.

• New Smoke mouseover/launch/attention effect. Not too intrusive and makes the dock look like it's on fire! My new personal favorite when combined with the magnify effect.

• Added support for RKLauncher dock skins.
    • New option to colorize themes based on the dominant color of the current desktop background.

• Explosion animation shown when an item is deleted or removed is now user-customizable.
    • New optional Windows 10 style for some UI elements, specifically designed so the application blends in with the new Windows version. Automatically enabled on Windows 10 systems.

• Added new 'Action Center' internal command (Windows 10 only).
    • Clicking the clock module now shows the Windows calendar instead of the Regional Settings dialog (Windows 7 onwards).
    • Font size in the User Interface is now automatically decreased when a non-English language is selected to better accomodate the (usually) longer translations.
    • ... many other performance and stability improvements!

More Information:

Winstep Web Site:
http://www.winstep.net

More information about Winstep Xtreme:
http://www.winstep.net/xtreme.asp

More information about the Winstep Nexus dock:
http://www.winstep.net/nexus.asp

159 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 15, 2015 9:09:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Reduced 68%

[/quote]So is this the "SkinStudio" for Winstep that I've been asking for ??

October 16, 2015 5:36:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yep.

October 16, 2015 8:00:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

A lot of folks are gonna have fun with this.......me included.

*as long as it don't scare me like SKS does* 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 16, 2015 8:28:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Looks like a good beginning, Jorge.

I like the 'real time' and 'self naming' features. No doubt the first skinning module will have a Forum at Winstep.net, where folks can give input on features they'd like seeing added...I really look forward to seeing it!

Perhaps the 'undo' can work like the History panel in Photoshop... https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/undo-history.html

October 16, 2015 9:58:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry to interrupt. 

Went to winstep.net looking to see if purchasing Winstep Ultimate can be done by money order. Went to about us...clicked on sales and nothing happens. Its as if the link is dead. Other than that......

Doc's suggestion is pretty cool. Those of us who use PS would be right at home.

October 16, 2015 3:19:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Went to winstep.net looking to see if purchasing Winstep Ultimate can be done by money order. Went to about us...clicked on sales and nothing happens. Its as if the link is dead. Other than that......

You mean the Sales *email address* link? Clicking that will launch your default email client if you have one configured. Otherwise you will have to copy the address and paste it to web mail or something.

October 16, 2015 3:27:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JcRabbit,

Yep.

Kick ass !!

October 16, 2015 3:50:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
I like the 'real time' and 'self naming' features. No doubt the first skinning module will have a Forum at Winstep.net, where folks can give input on features they'd like seeing added...I really look forward to seeing it!

Thanks, Seth!

I'll release a beta of the Winstep Theme Builder as soon as I have something minimally acceptable in terms of functionality, so users can give some feedback and help shape where it's going.

October 16, 2015 3:54:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JcRabbit,

Quoting Uvah,

You mean the Sales *email address* link? Clicking that will launch your default email client if you have one configured. Otherwise you will have to copy the address and paste it to web mail or something.

Understood but can I pay with a money order. I don't have paypal and the m.o. is my only way.

October 16, 2015 3:59:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Understood but can I pay with a money order. I don't have paypal and the m.o. is my only way.

As far as I know, BMT Micro, Winstep's payment processor, accepts money orders too. Just click on the 'Buy Now' links to go to the shopping cart, then select the payment method. Or you can promise to buy me a burger if I'm ever close to where you are hehe.

October 16, 2015 5:27:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Went to winstep.net looking to see if purchasing Winstep Ultimate can be done by money order

Uvak - Ross I guess you only want the dock. You do know for $5 more you also get the Start menu and Taskbar replacement. That is what all the themes on here are for. Winstep Extreme give you the dock and the startmenu and taskbar replacement. Just saying in case you weren't aware of this.

also I would guess but not sure that when the new builder is ready it would come with the Xtreme. 

October 16, 2015 7:39:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OMG my year has just been made with the announcement of the Theme builder.  Jorge you're a wonderful human being.  I miss being able to make themes.

October 16, 2015 9:45:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've been using OD plus for years.  This looks like a good replacement.  Is there anything I will lose using Nexus?

October 16, 2015 10:02:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,

Quoting Uvah,

Went to winstep.net looking to see if purchasing Winstep Ultimate can be done by money order

Uvak - Ross I guess you only want the dock. You do know for $5 more you also get the Start menu and Taskbar replacement. That is what all the themes on here are for. Winstep Extreme give you the dock and the startmenu and taskbar replacement. Just saying in case you weren't aware of this.

also I would guess but not sure that when the new builder is ready it would come with the Xtreme. 

Dave, my man, Winstep Ultimate IS the dock, start menu, taskbar, the whole shebang.

October 16, 2015 10:17:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Dave, my man, Winstep Ultimate IS the dock, start menu, taskbar, the whole shebang.

I thought as you said but the web page says different. Look at the bottom of the page where it compares the 3 versions. What am I missing.

http://www.winstep.net/buynow/nexus.asp

October 16, 2015 10:46:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What you're missing is in your quote of Uvah.

"Went to winstep.net looking to see if purchasing Winstep Ultimate can be done by money order"

Apparently, Ross got it confused when he typed Winstep Ultimate.

It's Winstep Xtreme or Nexus Ultimate.  

October 17, 2015 6:02:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JcRabbit,

promise to buy me a burger if I'm ever close to where you are hehe.

Best place I know is Wendys. They have one called the Baconator. Messy but good.

Quoting RedneckDude,

Apparently, I got it confused when I typed Winstep Ultimate.

I want the one with the theme builder. Gotta have somethin' to play with. 

October 17, 2015 6:38:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting gevansmd,
Is there anything I will lose using Nexus?

You won't lose anything and both docks can co-exist on your system without interfering with each other, so give it a try and let us know what you think, especially if you see anything you don't like - that's how things get improved.

Nexus has more options than OD, so the UI is a bit more complicated too.

Quoting Uvah,
I want the one with the theme builder. Gotta have somethin' to play with. 

The Theme Builder will be available for/in all the different products, i.e.; Nexus, Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme, it's not like I'm going to charge for it or whatever, lol

The only difference is that it will only show skinning settings for the dock if you are running Nexus, dock and Shelf skinning settings in Nexus Ultimate, and the whole she-bang in Winstep Xtreme. And this only because it depends on the actual applications to show the results of whatever you are working on.

Again,not much different than how it was before. To skin Winstep Xtreme you needed Winstep Xtreme installed on your system.

October 17, 2015 7:55:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting JcRabbit,

To skin Winstep Xtreme you needed Winstep Xtreme installed on your system.

Thank you Jorge. Guess I was right.

October 17, 2015 11:21:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Jorge, are you going to do anything with Start Menu Organizer for Windows 10?

October 17, 2015 5:52:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No need for OD+ for me anymore. 

October 17, 2015 6:05:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting TheDude20165,
Jorge, are you going to do anything with Start Menu Organizer for Windows 10?

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do, MS is now using an internal database for the contents of the All Programs section in the Windows Start Menu.

This said, since applications still use the normal folder-based program groups to install their shortcuts, under Windows 10 the Start Menu Organizer is still useful if you're running an application like Winstep Xtreme's NextSTART, for instance.

October 17, 2015 6:29:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Absolutely awesome updates/upgrade. Once again, you've come out with software superior to anything else available.

October 24, 2015 11:30:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When will we see a new theme from Jorge?  He is the most creative.

October 24, 2015 7:15:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I started to reproduce my existing OD+ docks with Nexus.  It looks very powerful.  Is there anything important I will lose if I switch programs?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.