National Geographic’s Traveler Photo Contest–Awesome Photos!

By on August 22, 2015 8:17:45 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

DrJBHL

Join Date 04/2002
+2252

Well, it’s over for 2015. What stunning photos. Seriously…I recommend allowing yourself to be entranced for quite a bit of time by them. The categories were: Outdoor scenes, sense of place, spontaneous moments and travel portraits.

Better? Many are available for free as desktop wallpapers… 1600 x 1200 for desktops, but also for tablets and phone, with some branding (National Geographic) at the bottom of the photos…

You can easily spend a wonderful couple of hours looking and learning about what makes a photo truly great.

So, for your weekend visual pleasure… http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/photo-contest-2015/!

4 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 22, 2015 8:57:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"csenes" category is my fav!  :0  Seriously, I really enjoy this event every year!  Thanks for link, Doc!

August 22, 2015 9:31:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice photos.

August 22, 2015 1:28:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Huayna Potosi Photo and caption by Linda Rahmat 

Just saw the above photo, i can just imagine that it was very hard to get the exposure just right up there also facing the sun.
Nice post DOC and Thank you! 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 23, 2015 4:39:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns, it even has an ice halo circular 'rainbow' (not actually a rainbow since it's caused by light refracting in ice crystals).

I imagine that exposure and subsequent post processing were very difficult.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.