Big Bug in Start 8

Some things just has to be fixed, otherwise, what's the point....?

By on June 23, 2015 7:40:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

neone6

Join Date 12/2010
+462

Windows 8.1 Windowblinds using Start 8.

Double checked on several PC's.

-When using a WindowBlinds skin that has a Start menu Animation, the Start menu Animation stops working after right click, on taskbar button (Jumplist pop up)

No matter what you try to restore the function it will not come back except with a restart, but again as soon as you press for Jumplist in Taskbar it's all broken again.

-This needs a fix promptly as it affects ALL skins with Start menu animations.

I am currently skinning on a new skin with st. menu animation and that's when I noticed this.

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 23, 2015 10:00:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Really hope this will be addressed, otherwise there's no point in finishing off the skin (s)

June 24, 2015 4:10:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So Start 8 is borked.

Start menue animations are useless and there's not even one reply or reflection ??

-As this is a fundamental function in skinning windowblinds start menue, you would think that someone would have something to say about this...

-Really ?

June 24, 2015 8:36:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You probably should email support@stardock.com and wait wait a non-automated reply before responding again. Evidently it may take a while though.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 24, 2015 8:47:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

You probably should email support@stardock.com and wait wait a non-automated reply before responding again. Evidently it may take a while though.
Thanks Tom. Guess I'll do that, however I have Pm'd Neil B about it too

June 24, 2015 3:35:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

-As this is a fundamental function in skinning windowblinds start menue

SM animation may not be around forever.   Once upon a time, I know the taskbar and I believe the windowframes could also be animated. It's only fundamental while it can still be done within the confines of the OS and WB versions.....just sayin, 

No matter what you try to restore the function it will not come back except with a restart

Andy, what happens if you reapply the WindowBlind, or Unload Start8 and reopen it? That would seem easier than rebooting., at least as a workaround for now.

June 24, 2015 4:38:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Andy, what happens if you reapply the WindowBlind, or Unload Start8 and reopen it? That would seem easier than rebooting., at least as a workaround for now.
Lol, did that, done that, went through every option before even considering whining about it

June 25, 2015 6:56:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Talked To Neil & I have sent a request for a fix to Stardock support 

Ticket ID: HLJ-387-93968

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.