What is the problem with Stardock Support ---- Solved.

SOLVED - Thank You Stardock Support !!

By on March 20, 2015 1:34:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

AceMatrix

Join Date 01/2010
+165

I will be quite honest & up front and say that at the present moment, I'm quite angry at Stardocks support team. Seriously, how long does it take to fix an activation problem. Are you that swamped with support tickets ? I believe the support ticket that I submitted has been in your hands for plenty of time to be resolved ,and yet, not a word. As angry as I am, I am going to remain civil here and mention that this is one of, and the most important reason why I opted not to renew a subscription to Object Desktop this year, the Support simply is not there or sadly lacking in responsiveness.

EDIT : I want to thank Stardock Support and especially Sean Drohan for going the extra mile to solve this problem for me , even though it was a weekend !!  I apologize for the harsh & undeserved criticism , I should be flogged repeatedly for using  such poor judgement.        -- ACE ---

Locked Post 28 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 20, 2015 1:55:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ace, have you looked in your spam folder (in the email account linked to your SD account) for an answer?

March 20, 2015 3:01:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes Doc , I thought of that myself, but no luck there unfortunately.

March 20, 2015 3:23:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. 

I show that your ticket was created: 20 March 2015 03:44 AM

I have replied to your ticket.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 20, 2015 4:06:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That solution did not work. It still is not accepting my account information. I did not purchase the product through my Stardock account.

Seriously ?? ---- is it this much trouble just to activate software I've owned for a couple years just because my real name and email was used for the original purchase ??     THIS IS NUTS !!!!

March 20, 2015 5:10:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well , it's after 5:00 Pm , and after an entire day Stardock support still can't fix an activation problem. Really ?

March 20, 2015 5:22:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock support reply to tickets on a first come - first served basis.

From the Stardock FAQ - Support will make every effort to answer you within 48 business hours.

Do NOT reply to tickets unless asked to. It will move your ticket to the end of the queue

What is the best way to get support - http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/101/24/what-is-the-best-way-to-get-support

Although Stardock monitor the forums they are not a direct route to support. Especially one that was not posted in a support section.

March 20, 2015 5:47:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't know where the support section is. The knowledge base is not relavent to the issue, The issue has been addressed by support , their solution simply does not work. And lastly, I don't care much for your snippy attitude.

March 20, 2015 6:24:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,

And lastly, I don't care much for your snippy attitude.

Nah...just factual. You're just too close to the problem...and frustrated.

If Hankers wanted to be snippy, you'd have icicles in tender spots. I speak from experience.

Quoting AceMatrix,

I don't know where the support section is.

Here ya go:

March 20, 2015 6:44:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank-you,  Doc.

Edit:  my apologies Hankers - I admit I am a bit snippy myself from the frustration of this issue.

March 20, 2015 7:07:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No problem.

In the link I posted there's a faster way to contact support through IRC. We are on IRC at irc.stardock.com in channel #stardock

Of course this is only during the week and working hours but very handy for activation issues.

March 20, 2015 8:55:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hank, that link does not open for me. Windows wants an app to open it.

EDIT: Ok, I loaded mibbit and tried it. I seem to have forgotten my nickname...

March 21, 2015 12:30:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

C'mon Ace. Life is short. Don't let the bastards grind ya down. (Illegitimus est non carborundrum)SD support actually does care and yes, they do get swamped. My exposure to support was through Milksama and Seabass, two fine gentlemen, sd and crew will fix stuff for ya, I am sure. Don't know what you need activated but seriously man, it's just PC crap.

Life will go on. Luv ya man!

March 21, 2015 2:17:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Wizard.....Luv ya too bro.        

March 23, 2015 9:08:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

YIPEE !!! Problem solved. Post edited. Thank-you Stardock Support !!  I apologize for demonstrating  such poor character and judgement.    -- Ace --

March 23, 2015 9:19:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Support will always be there to help.... though as with anyone they do prefer courteous approaches...

BTW...edited the title to 'solved' ...

March 23, 2015 9:37:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ahh....Yes....Thank-you Jafo 

March 23, 2015 10:29:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You wrote this when you were in an angry mood because of your situation. You realized you approached it the wrong way. For that I commend you and you also wrote an apology for your actions. Good for you. 

March 23, 2015 10:52:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,

You wrote this when you were in an angry mood because of your situation. You realized you approached it the wrong way. For that I commend you and you also wrote an apology for your actions. Good for you. 

Exactly. I echo that sentiment, as well as Jafo's.

March 23, 2015 2:48:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well , I hope this doesn't leave a lasting stain on my character and cause anyone to think less of me. It was a moment of frustration that clouded my good sense and I'm disappointed in myself for being so weak. It won't happen again, you can be sure.    -- Ace --

March 23, 2015 3:48:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting AceMatrix,

Well , I hope this doesn't leave a lasting stain on my character and cause anyone to think less of me. It was a moment of frustration that clouded my good sense and I'm disappointed in myself for being so weak. It won't happen again, you can be sure.    -- Ace --

No problems Ace. Get over it. Was pretty cool to see you have a major melt down though. 

March 23, 2015 4:08:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Don't listen to DaveBax. You're totally screwed. Forever.

The Mods write everything down...and if they miss something Jafo has an eidetic memory and the biggest effing pc in Australia. He stores everything on it since Jesus played with carpenter's blocks, anyway.

Yep. You'll never be promoted and you'll probably die a virgin, to boot.

And even if Jafo misses one, I.D. has everything you've ever done or thought indexed and cross referenced. Hell, the NSA and Snowden go to him for stuff.

Not much chance for you, pard...and more's the pity. You might as well sign all your finances over to me (without the debt and student loans, thank you) at 1-800-BUX-4DOC.

I'll see if I (the lone wizop) can get it all smoothed over for you.

See how good I can be?

March 23, 2015 5:15:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

1-800-BUX-4DOC

That number isn't your number. I called it and couldn't understand who I was talking to. Sounded a bit like the person was trying to sell me a Computer with a life time warranty. 

PS: make sure you get Ace's Motorcycle.

March 23, 2015 6:44:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

LOL !!! 

March 23, 2015 6:55:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just love these posts gave my daughter in law a good laugh 

March 23, 2015 7:21:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I may as well let you guys in on a little secret here in the spirit of full disclosure. I know this had nothing to do with support, but it did contribute to my dark mood and bad behavior. My Win7 OS had gotten to the point where it was so glitchy, I finally gave up and decided a clean re-install was the only option left. So....I started transferring some of my very large and important files to my backup drive. All seemed to go well and I proceeded with the new install. After the install completed, I started moving my files back. I had a very large folder that I had saved 2 years worth of graphic elements from some of my 3D software. When I proceeded to move it back to my main drive, I discovered there was a problem. All that was in the folder were place holders and titles, but no actual graphics ! Many , many gigabytes of graphics gone, and I have no clue what happened to cause a corrupted transfer, and even my best recovery software could not bring it back, said it was unrecoverable. Now of course , I realize that in the scheme of things in this world, this doesn't even register a tiny blip. I definitely should have taken a long time out. So , yeah.....I'm embarrased, but I deserve it.....lesson learned.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.