trying to configure a theme (what settings)

By on August 30, 2014 9:25:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

travvy87

Join Date 01/2013

Hi All

Firstly, sorry if any of this has been asked before and/or solved, I tried searching but couldn't see anything related.

I installed the venom theme (which is pretty awesome) but I want to try and change some things, but changes are I probably can't, but I'll ask anyway.

See attached screenshot of items circled in yellow I just have queries about.

http://imgur.com/LfdYSY2

First thing, the omnibox in chrome & the new tab page background appear to be linked to a system colour that changes the background of the explorer window. is it possible to change the colours in chrome without affecting the explorer background?

Secondly, in the explorer window, it appears Win8 has it's own menu option (the blue & white menus), does anyone know where the settings is for that part so I can modify the colour there?

And finally the start menu, i'm not sure which colours i need to change so that I can bring out the text, i tried changing a few different colours but none of them seem to change the start menu text.

I'm changing the colours in skinstudio and/or windows blinds itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 30, 2014 9:56:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don'y have that skin but vStyle is a Master  and first class Skinner. I did just look at his screen shot and the text is a great color for a dark skin. Did you try and apply it again as sometimes you have to do that. You can change the text color in the Edit Start Menu/item mouseover. I saw the skin was updated for win8 and if John doesn't have 8 I'm sure he had someone test it.

Nothing you can do about Chrome. I just use one of the Chrome skins.

August 30, 2014 10:33:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for the reply. 

I did try applying the theme again but it doesn't update the start menu. I looked into the settings you suggested and it all appears to be set correctly so i'm not to sure what has happened, in the meantime i've just change the start menu to a default start8 menu.

That's a shame about chrome, must be the way they designed it, as it doesn't happen in IE, applying the theme changes the border around the address box etc but doesn't change the colour. so guess it's stuck that way.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.