Inactive Explorer Background Changes Colors

By on August 30, 2014 6:43:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

envinyareich

Join Date 06/2012

Greetings. I have an interesting problem that I'm trying to track down, and I wonder if anyone's seen this before. When an normal explorer.exe window is active and has the focus, the background is the normal color for the skin. When another window gets the focus and therefore the first window goes inactive, then its background color changes inexplicably.

I'm digging around in SkinStudio trying to track this down, but does anyone have any ideas?

I'm using the Venom theme by vStyler.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 30, 2014 8:04:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

open the WB in SKS. Go to Backgrounds/edit explorer background bitmaps.

you should see an Active and inactive image in each. Remove the code from the inactive. Save and apply and it should be fine. Just in case before you remove the code I would copy and paste it in notepad or whatever you use. However it should do what you want.

If somehow you mess it up you can always just apply the WB from your original. 

August 30, 2014 8:24:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you very much for the advice, DaveBax! I gave that a shot. Active Window and Inactive Window have nothing, while Active Window (Glass) and Inactive Window (Glass) have images/code. But they both have the exact same code in them:

Image=VENOM\bg.tga
NormalColour=2
PressedColour=2
Trans=0
PerPixel=0

Removing this from Inactive Window (Glass) has no effect on the issue - the background color still changes. VENOM\bg.tga is a tiny 1x1 black image, and the color that the inactive window is changing to is white.

August 30, 2014 9:21:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hum. well V sure knows how to make a WB. Just for the heck of it remove the  the code from both glass sections as that will remove the images.

In the background active window put this. Then apply and save. Note after you do this close the explorer window or windows you have open then open them again.

Image=VENOM\bg.tga
Trans=0
PerPixel=0
PreMultipliedAlpha=0

NOTE: If it works and you can't see the text all NormalColour=2
PressedColour=2                         to the code.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 31, 2014 10:22:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well... interesting, I rebooted my machine to take care of a couple other things, and now it seems to not be occurring... Not that I'm complaining. Venom skin is unmodded at this point (I reverted yesterday before I saw your second message), and things seem to be fine.

Thanks for chiming in, Dave!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.