Dream Central....Seriously!?

Are dreams THAT easy to make that?

By on August 22, 2014 10:51:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WebGizmos

Join Date 09/2003
+695

Really.....can we stretch out the upload of dreams so others can get exposure for all the hard work? Every time I come to the site anymore all I see is one dream after the other like an assembly line.

59 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 22, 2014 11:03:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's not the dream makers fault than no one else is uploading skins. That's why there are so many in a row.

August 22, 2014 11:24:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think what Steve is trying to say is that the same author uploading 3-5 dreams at the same time is somewhat excessive. Maybe one every week or so would be better. Not up to me though. 

August 22, 2014 11:26:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

I think what Steve is trying to say is that the same author uploading 3-5 dreams at the same time is somewhat excessive. Maybe one every week or so would be better. Not up to me though

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 22, 2014 11:51:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

August 22, 2014 12:02:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, let me say that all uploads are capped to 5 a day.  At the moment no one is ding that.  Generally 3 by anyone person.  Now there is only about 5 people at most that are uploading and its usually 3 people.

August 22, 2014 1:24:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well beings that Dreams are obviously easy to do....would be nice if a little consideration was given to others that take longer than a day to throw together and not push them off the front page after a day...or less even.

August 22, 2014 2:35:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Certain Dream authors "cut and paste" just like certain Winstep authors.  You have to know the real talented skinners to distinguish the difference.  The wait, though, is worth it.

August 22, 2014 2:58:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Lets not get into a match about what skin takes what to make.  I understand the original post, but that's what going to happen when skin submissions are low overall.  Dreams are already restricted to a point, and anything further is going to have complaints about that.

Best solution.  Get more of a variety of skins uploaded.  

August 22, 2014 5:36:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting GregII,

Certain Dream authors "cut and paste" just like certain Winstep authors.
Thanks for pointing that out Capt. Obvious. 

The best solution would be to just be a bit more considerate to others and stagger uploads. But ah well....so be it.

August 22, 2014 5:47:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oops, there I go again. Redundant post, please ignore.    

August 22, 2014 5:51:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Deja Vu, all over again.... at least yall don't have to worry about me flooding the front page anymore. I'm sure there are those that are happy about that....

August 22, 2014 7:35:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Deja Vu, all over again.... at least yall don't have to worry about me flooding the front page anymore. I'm sure there are those that are happy about that....

Not the same thing. You did it maybe once a month and when a new WB came out everyone would know there would be an upload of matching stuff all at the same time. Besides that you always mentioned the WB and had a link to it.

It is what it is. Actually there has been quite a bit of things uploaded lately. But when 5 things are uploaded all at once they are no longer visible. I'm here all day most of the time. I just check the galleries often. I do understand the point here, but checking the galleries takes care of that.

Having my own web site for many years, before I was forced to let it go do to my wife's illness, it wouldn't be hard to show 10 current uploads instead of 5. It is a known fact that what is visible at first sight gets the most attention. Most days I'm happy I woke up and like I said checking the gallery isn't a big deal.

August 22, 2014 8:03:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,

Most days I'm happy I woke up

Dave, you are such a sweet guy!  I'm happy you woke up as well!  

August 22, 2014 9:13:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Dave, you are such a sweet guy!  I'm happy you woke up as well!
  ...ditto....      Maybe we should have a roll call thread... or maybe not!

August 22, 2014 9:15:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The ONLY way there will be a change to what's currently the case with the 'appearance' of a flood of Dream uploads is for the rest of you to actually submit something else....OTHER THAN Dreams.

August 22, 2014 10:43:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

Best solution. Get more of a variety of skins uploaded.

It apparently takes more time to do than to make dreams. You're not going to see someone upload 3 new windowblinds in a day. (well Tom, maybe)

I'm with the enough all ready crowd, just saying.

August 23, 2014 12:24:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

the rest of you to actually submit something else.

Now yer dreamin'!   

August 23, 2014 3:22:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

IMHO the "more" link is very little sized, moreover the white color is not the default links color, actually it doesn't seem to be a link !

what about to sacrifice some space or even 1 place for a better oversized "MORE" link ?

August 23, 2014 7:32:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting frankell,

what about to sacrifice some space or even 1 place for a better oversized "MORE" link ?

I don't think that is the point of the post and would actually reduce the number of previews showing up front.

August 23, 2014 9:14:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

well if the point is the new skins visibility the Visitors are only 1 click away from a full page of new skins previews 

(9 \ 12 \ 15 \ 30 \ 60 tiles it depends on the "Explore Filters" )

but seriously the "more" link is very little sized

and yeah, 5 previews + 1 "MORE " big place to click would be better

August 23, 2014 9:37:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What happened to the "NEW" site for 2014 that were addressed 2013 ?

-Maybe it could be made so things are presented differently on the Homepage ? 

August 23, 2014 10:16:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

What happened to the "NEW" site for 2014 that were addressed 2013 ?

-Maybe it could be made so things are presented differently on the Homepage ? 

Great point. No doubt it could be presented differently. How about this for thought?

Leave every page on WC the way they are now. Because of the work and money required to redo an entire web site just update the Home page to modern standards. You know, full page screen viewing. That would certainly allow for at least 10 or more of the current uploaded skins showing. That would sure help the current situation. So much more content could be added to a full size page. Imagine the Visibility for newer people (and present people) when they click on the home WC link and see all the content on the main home page. Visibility sells, no doubt about that.

Please don't get my thoughts confused with complaining. I'm not complaining. If the site stays the way it is so be it. At least I have a place to see the great work of the people here. However I really believe what I said above would do the trick.

You all have a great day. I don't have any more to add here.

August 23, 2014 10:27:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well....pretty much what I try to do is watch when something was uploaded and give it a chance to be seen for at least a few days...instead of uploading something then getting to work on the next days uploads. It's just being considerate...nothing to do with the quality of the work or copy/paste or anything else....just being considerate.

August 23, 2014 11:02:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I haven't uploaded much lately because I'm working on learning Xion. Have a couple ready to go but testing and tweaking takes a bit of time.

August 23, 2014 1:45:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

I haven't uploaded much lately because I'm working on learning Xion. Have a couple ready to go but testing and tweaking takes a bit of time.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000938   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.