Scrolling in Fence groups stops working.

By on August 20, 2014 12:22:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ongwanada

Join Date 08/2014

Every few days I find that the the scrolling stops working inside the fence groups. Restarting the computer fixes the problem. In messing around with it today, I discovered that if I drag the fence, the scroll bar and icons remain where they were on the desktop, though they become invisible. I can slide the fence window back over to reveal them, like a magic window to the icon dimension, or something. I've also found that if I change the desktop resolution, everything refreshes and starts working again.

My Google-Fu was to weak to find a solution, any ideas?

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 21, 2014 8:42:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That is...interesting. If you click on an open spot of the desktop and press F5 to refresh it, can you scroll then? What if you double click to hide everything and then double click to bring it back?

August 21, 2014 10:11:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nope, tried all that and it did nothing. I don't really know how Fences works, but I figured that since it doesn't change what you see in Windows Explorer in  the desktop folder, it's pretty much operating as a visual overlay for what you see on the desktop. Changing resolution seemed to be the best way to update that info since the refresh didn't work.

I don't have anything else going on that should affect the desktop, as far as I know, but it's a computer, so the law of unintended consequences is always in full affect.

August 22, 2014 8:12:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It is probably best to open a support ticket with us if you have not already. 

Please download and run the following utility:

http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please attach the .zip file it creates on the desktop when you create a ticket here.

Also, please reply with any screenshots that may help illustrate your issue(s).

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 22, 2014 9:23:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Okay, it's not a huge deal, since it only happens every few days when I leave my computer running and I have a work around. Given that I haven't seen any other reports in Googling the phenomena or searching the forums here, I'm guessing it's just a weirdness with my specific setup.

I'll wait until it happens again, and collect the data. I'm also going to try it out on some other machines, to see if any of them have the same problem. Other than that glitch, I like the program enough to roll it out to other users in the organization. Obviously, I can't do that if it's going to break.

August 24, 2014 8:45:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same problem. If a solution was found via support ticket could you please post it here?

August 25, 2014 9:13:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Will do.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.