Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Folder Portal Shortcut Key

By on August 2, 2014 8:39:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

fitsou70555

Join Date 01/2013

After a Clean Install on Win 8.1 i noticed that the normaly shortcut creation shortcut (drag with mouse while holding alt key) have been replaced with the Folder Portal.
How can i change the shortcut to the original default factionality? 

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 7, 2014 5:57:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

5 days and still no responce...

August 8, 2014 8:01:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Unfortunately, when Fences is enabled, this behavior is used to create folder portals instead of shortcuts. You could right click on the item and choose 'Send to' and then choose 'Desktop' to create a shortcut.

August 8, 2014 10:36:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Huh?? I had Fences before I format my PC and there wasn't this practically functionality... I'm 200% sure about it cause I use this in my daily use...

if it's something that you added later you should have consider the fact that some people don't like to mess with their settings without giving an alternative option.

I would like a refund please. Can you tell me where I must sent an email for that request??

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 8, 2014 11:09:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting fitsou70555,

I would like a refund please. Can you tell me where I must sent an email for that request??

Stardock Refund Policy

Please note: Refund requests on all credit/debit card orders must be received within 90 days of the transaction. No partial or full refunds will be granted after this time.

August 8, 2014 11:15:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have created an internal ticket on this to see if maybe this functionality could be changed in a future build.

August 8, 2014 11:31:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So you add something without an option to change it or overwrite it and you cannot refund it Cause over 90 days have past... guys when I bought this software there wasn't this option, if it was ofcourse I would purchase it!!

thank you for the ticket request I appreciate it, but to be honest I would think it twice before I buy something from Stardock.

ps can I get somewhere an older version where the particular option isn't active?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.