I am so lovin' this stuff

By on August 1, 2014 8:22:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uvah

Join Date 05/2006
+734

This is my third functional Xion. The first was made for Dark Dreams by LightStar. My second, called Meridian, isn't quite ready yet. Have a few things to work out but since I started skinning Xion its tons of fun. Wish I had gotten to it sooner.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 1, 2014 9:20:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It took me almost 20 years before I really discovered the advantages of layers in digital graphics.  For so long I'd treated computer graphics as just another form of 'painting'...doing 'everything' on the one layer [background].

PSP and PSD files are so much more fun...and easier too.

Here's a recent graphic...relatively simple....currently made up of 11 layers [not counting the zorder layering of compound images within the sim's 'panel' ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8 Crusader 2D panel10.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	10797

August 1, 2014 11:44:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

fab work fellas!

Yes, Xions are a hoot!  the layer naming thing has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it is full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes!! Good luck on your adventures in Xions and I will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

August 2, 2014 5:55:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is my third functional Xion.
[/quote]

looking top notch Uvah... glad you are doing them... they are a terrific customising accessory.... 

[quote who="Jafo" reply="1" id="3483647"]
PSD files are so much more fun...and easier too.

yep... working in layers is wonderful... so much more control....

some of v's psd files..... I've stopped counting at about 250 layers.... they are diabolical to look at... and turn off layers to see what disappears... (he doesn't name his layers)...and the huge amount of detail that goes into building up an effect.... viewing one is like peeking into a master class in PS...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 2, 2014 9:08:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Looks great, Ross. Keep on truckin'

August 2, 2014 11:40:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting sydneysiders,

some of v's psd files..... I've stopped counting at about 250 layers.... they are diabolical to look at... and turn off layers to see what disappears... (he doesn't name his layers)...and the huge amount of detail that goes into building up an effect.... viewing one is like peeking into a master class in PS...

Having worked with vStyler's WB's I can attest to that fact. I usually try to group the layers according to function, like the task bar and start menu. But sometimes you can click on the layer's thumbnail and it says..."the pixels are less than fifty percent selected and will not show"...or something to that affect. Maddening.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.