"Pin on Top" bug

By on August 1, 2014 3:48:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Psyfer9983

Join Date 04/2009

Hello. First, I tried searching the forums for this but I get a time out error when I do. Also, it looks like the forums are running slow.

Anyway, I have WindowFX 5 installed on Win8.1 x64. Every so often, the "Pin on Top" feature will get turned on by itself with out me selecting it. I like this feature as I do use it but its becoming a problem when working with multiple windows. Is there a way to only allow the "Pin on Top" feature to work with "Ctrl+Click", "Shift+Ctrl+Click" or something like that so its not just turning on by its self? Is this a know bug or something. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 1, 2014 8:45:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you would like I could take a look at your support tool to see what's going on. But I'm going to need you to send in a support ticket here: http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit 

August 2, 2014 9:31:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ok, ticket away. Do you need the ticket number? Thanks.

August 4, 2014 8:00:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We'll see it shortly. Thank you for submitting a ticket.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
August 24, 2014 7:01:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'd like to see where this goes too since I occasionally encounter the bug.

August 26, 2014 11:19:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, after some more time of trial and error, I think that I know what may be causing it. I have noticed that this never happens on windows or apps that have never be pined on top. I only happens to ones that have. If I close a window or program with pin on top set, it will be set to on when I launch that window or program again. Most of the time this happens when working with multiple explorer windows and have one or two set with pin on top. I think that that last window I close has the pin on top set to on which causes the next time to have it on too. Is there a way to have the pin on top state of the last window set to off or have it always off? I think if I could have WindowFX to always forget the pin on top state of windows and apps, this would be solved.

August 29, 2014 9:02:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I never pin anything on top. It just happens randomly. I haven't been able to figure it out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.