What is the point of this program, if it slows down the PC

By on July 30, 2014 11:45:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

orlandopunk

Join Date 11/2006

You pay $10 for this program, only for it to slow down your PC start up. I have a fast computer, and few processes on start up, and when I tried fences last year, it slowed down my computer to a halt. I was very annoyed, you would think, that a paid program, wouldn't have this problems.

I researched online, and is a common issue, and people resorting to finding solutions. WE SHOULDN'T BE THE ONES LOOKING FOR SOLUTION, YOU PAID FOR THE GOD DAMN PROGRAM, THEY SHOULD FIX IT. 

I recently installed it, to give it another try, hoping they might have finally fixed it, same thing, slows down the computer

I have tried NIMI places, and it works wonderfully, no slow down like fences, is basically the exact same thing, and FREE

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 30, 2014 12:24:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Have you tried an email to support@stardock.com ?

They can frequently help...and save the upset.

Just don't answer the autoreply (save it for the ticket number). Answer only a signed email from Support.

July 30, 2014 6:18:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Let me guess....

You're using Windows 8.

The OS which tricks its users into thinking it has finished loading when in fact it hasn't.....yet.

What you WILL find with some 3rd party programs which load at boot...they do so at the TRUE completion of the boot process, and, if then displaying on the desktop [as is the case with Fences] you get visibly defined the GENUINE completion of the boot load time.

It does not slow the machine...it just accurately indicates how well Microsoft cheated.

July 30, 2014 8:31:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

It does not slow the machine...it just accurately indicates how well Microsoft cheated.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 30, 2014 8:51:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dude must be in some kind of GOD DAMN hurry.... I guess.

Mine loads fences rather quickly. I must say..

Go pour your coffee while u wait (W\Valium)

Its a good indicator of the NOW NOW NOW culture that even on a machine that needs restarted like once a week\month, someone will complain (profanity included).. about.. s e c o n d s.

July 30, 2014 9:03:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting vStyler,

Mine loads fences rather quickly. I must say..

Ditto. 8.1 64 bit.

July 31, 2014 8:35:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Yes, THIS.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.