Fences spontaneously disorganizing!

Layout Auto-adjustments

By on July 29, 2014 6:48:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

sandpip6

Join Date 04/2013

I have an issue that i have reported to Stardock with respect to Fences behavior on my Windows 8.1 computer but they have been unable to resolve. Now i have some more clues so hoping someone can help.

Configuration: Dell all in one PC, windows 8.1, DUAL MONITORS

Problem: Fences spontaneously disintegrate for no apparent reason, even when the computer is not being used. I have about six fences set up to organize different kinds of work. All will be fine for a bit, maybe days or only hours and suddenly all the icons move out of the fences randomly on the desktop or even disappear from the desktop altogether. The fence borders are still there but nothing or only a few items are inside. Sometimes a reboot will fix the problem, sometimes it won't. Eventually, thru no known action I have taken, the fences reappear properly.

Clue: I just discovered that by going into configure fences and changing any of the Layout auto-adjustment buttons i can get the fences to reorganize themselves properly. However, ultimately they disintegrate again a few minutes or hours later. Again, i can change a radio button in the layout auto-adjust and it fixes itself. But it doesnt seem to matter what setting I choose. It is the act of clicking on a radio button here that only temporarily fixes the problem Nothing works permanently.

About ready to give up on Fences and uninstall.  Any ideas?

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 30, 2014 9:16:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Could you respond with our ticket #, I haven't been able to find a ticket for you in the system.

July 30, 2014 8:16:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MDN-970-52215

July 31, 2014 8:30:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've created a new ticket for you as that ticket was created just under a year ago. You should receive an email shortly.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.