Agrestik WIP

By on July 17, 2014 9:57:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Kevin_Walter

Join Date 08/2006
+23

So it's been a few years since I've messed around with SKS or WB. I did have a couple of themes up on here and my DevianArt page several years ago (don't go looking, they're not there...), but I dropped out of contact on this site for a long time.

At any rate, none of that is important. Here's a small bit of something I've been working on for the last couple of days. Still a lot of work to do on it. The current plan is to also release an IconPackager theme and MAYBE an Objectdock. Though I know nothing about skinning the latter of those.

Thoughts?

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 17, 2014 10:55:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Looks good! I like it.

Seems to me I've seen a similar start button (the 4 diamonds) in "Noir For 7" by Tom Richter, but not an identical one. 

I'm sure you could put up a request to do an OD background and/or an IP...and get folks to join you in a project.

July 17, 2014 11:16:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm not surprised... it's a pretty basic shape.

Though I've viewed pretty much everything made by Tom Richter, so maybe that's just an idea that stuck in the back of my brain. Diamonds are a bit of a running theme in this skin though.

July 17, 2014 11:16:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I can do the docks if you like.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 17, 2014 11:38:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Kevin_Walter,

Though I've viewed pretty much everything made by Tom Richter, so maybe that's just an idea that stuck in the back of my brain. Diamonds are a bit of a running theme in this skin though.

I wasn't suggesting you having copied it...not at all, and I do agree that it's a pretty basic shape.

Actually, it could be the basis for some cool animations (the diamonds moving, or the skin's colors moving 'behind' the diamonds) if you were of a mind. Tom is a fave skinner of mine. He has a new family (birth of a child a few months ago) so his skinning has pretty much dropped off...understandable, though. I am a fan of his, as well.

Again, go for it! I like the theme' minimalism and the colors as well. 

Also...welcome back! (remiss of me not saying that earlier).

July 17, 2014 12:03:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Quoting Kevin_Walter,

I wasn't suggesting you having copied it...not at all, and I do agree that it's a pretty basic shape.

Actually, it could be the basis for some cool animations (the diamonds moving, or the skin's colors moving 'behind' the diamonds) if you were of a mind. Tom is a fave skinner of mine. He has a new family (birth of a child a few months ago) so his skinning has pretty much dropped off...understandable, though. I am a fan of his, as well.

Again, go for it! I like the theme' minimalism and the colors as well. 

Also...welcome back! (remiss of me not saying that earlier).

No no... I was just thinking aloud, so to speak. It's one of those things that itches at you... "where did I think of this?" 

But yes, I agree. Tom Richter made some pretty awesome skins back in the day. Hopefully he'll find time to whip out another one sometime.

Also, I know nothing about animating skins. I know it's possible, I've just never really played with it. Maybe some day. I don't think it's happening with this one though...

I can do the docks if you like.

Maybe! We'll see how it goes. I mean, I may as well learn, right? 

July 17, 2014 12:38:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you're really interested in learning OD backgrounds, THE person to approach would be WebGizmos.

His health has been a bit shaky recently, but I think he'd receive any request graciously.

July 17, 2014 12:51:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yup. Web is the Master Dock maker.

July 17, 2014 1:04:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, as for me Kevin... I like it! 

July 17, 2014 1:45:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Someone say diamonds? Well I have a WB 50% complete that has a diamond start button and other buttons also. I like it so it's a (keeper for me) or maybe not.

July 18, 2014 6:54:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for the comments. 

Here's another screenshot. Windows seem to be (mostly) completed!

July 18, 2014 7:56:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Simplistic yet interesting, I am definitely still liking it! 

July 19, 2014 9:40:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hooray for full sized screenshots! Nearing completion now. Though I don't think I'll release this until I get the Icon Package mostly finished. 

July 19, 2014 6:58:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would download that! It also looks like a a skin that wouldn't look like crap on windows 8 (which is hard to do as windows 8 will be the death of WB skinning if they can't find a way to skin ALL the elements in the UI)

July 19, 2014 11:51:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,

I would download that! It also looks like a a skin that wouldn't look like crap on windows 8 (which is hard to do as windows 8 will be the death of WB skinning if they can't find a way to skin ALL the elements in the UI)

Thanks!

I have no idea how well this would hold up in Windows 8, as I don't have Windows 8 nor WB8. 

July 20, 2014 5:57:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you wanted to send it to me for testing on windows 8.1, I could give it a whirl for you (and send back screenshots).

Contact me by PM for my email addy if you're interested.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.