Restore From Snapshot more than three days ago

By on July 15, 2014 1:26:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

russellnsim...

Join Date 10/2012

I had a problem with my Fences configuration and lost my Fences settings.  I didn't know about the restore from snapshot, but it's now more than three days old.

Is there any way to restore from a previous snapshot that's still on my hard drive?

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 15, 2014 7:25:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice question

————————————————–————————————————–

July 16, 2014 8:14:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The only available snapshots show up in the 'Layout snapshots' section within the configuration for Fences. The 3 daily snapshots get overwritten as the days go on. If you did not manually create a snapshot at any point, there would be no other one to restore to.

June 27, 2015 9:24:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

As said, if you have an install of fences, it should take daily snapshot by default, and should appear in your snapshots folder to restore. Else, as a result of upgrading or re-installing windows and your old configuration's snapshot isn't there, you can recover the old snapshot if you have it still on a backup or old disk.

On old hard drive or pc, Go to C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Stardock\Fences\Backups

(hidden directory, xxxxxx is your profile name)

Find the backup, it will be three files for each snapshot, copy and paste into same location on new pc. After restarting fences, it will appear as a snapshot, and you can then restore it.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 27, 2015 9:29:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Another old thread revival.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2015 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.