Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Run multiple instances of applications

By on July 15, 2014 10:34:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Phoon

Join Date 10/2001
+338

One thing that would occasionally frustrate me with Win 8 start menu (the native one, not a start 8 one) was the inability to launch 2 or more instances of an application by clicking the tile. One application that I do this with frequently is Putty. I would always have to explore to the programs executable and launch the second instance.

Well, here is a little registry tweak that will allow multiple instances to be launched (assuming that the application support it).

Go here.. http://teamwindows8.com/2013/04/launch-multiple-instances-of-app-from-start-screen-in-windows-8/

Or simply copy and paste this in to notepad. Save the file as a .reg type and launch it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\Launcher]
"DesktopAppsAlwaysLaunchNewInstance"=dword:00000001

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 15, 2014 11:03:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

But I thought Win8 was such a flawless GUI.....

July 15, 2014 12:00:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

why would you open (any) start menu or the "modern" dashboard a second, third, etc. time?

just middle-click the taskbar icon.

July 16, 2014 3:25:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,
just middle-click the taskbar icon.

dang moshi.. i didn't even know about that one. Thanks..!!

Quoting Jafo,
But I thought Win8 was such a flawless GUI..

It's better than a bastardized backward step for the unimaginative and lethargic. Just ask any sheepherder... 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 16, 2014 6:44:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Phoon,
Quoting Jafo, reply 1But I thought Win8 was such a flawless GUI..
It's better than a bastardized backward step for the unimaginative and lethargic. Just ask any sheepherder...

Hey, now. Leave me outta this!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.