moving icons

updates

By on July 14, 2014 2:04:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

alnwvr

Join Date 10/2012

From several posts I can see that several people have had difficulty moving icons in fences in Windows 8 or  8.1  I recently got a new laptop with Windows 8.1 and sure enough, my fences 2.00.1 does not allow me to move icons.  Do I need to upgrade and if so, how do I do that?  Or will fences automatically update itself in a week or so?  Thanks in advance. Alan

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 15, 2014 8:29:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You need the most current version of Fences to fix this. You can find it when you sign in with your account here: https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

July 17, 2014 12:14:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks so much.  Problem solved!

July 26, 2014 10:28:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having the same issue, but I'm running version 2.13.  According to the page you linked, Gargabee, that is the latest version.

Any other suggestions?  I'm also running Windows 8.1.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 28, 2014 8:01:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting darniil,

I'm having the same issue, but I'm running version 2.13.  According to the page you linked, Gargabee, that is the latest version.

Any other suggestions?  I'm also running Windows 8.1.

What happens when you attempt to move an icon? Do you see the no symbol (circle with line through it)?

July 28, 2014 5:50:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Gargabee,

What happens when you attempt to move an icon? Do you see the no symbol (circle with line through it)?

That's correct.  When I try to move an icon, I see the "no" symbol (circle with a line through it).

July 29, 2014 7:55:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You should not be seeing that with the 2.13 build. It is probably best to open a support ticket with us if you have not already. 

Please download and run the following utility:

http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please attach the .zip file it creates on the desktop when you create a ticket here.

Thanks

July 29, 2014 9:57:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ticket created, zip file attached.  Thanks for the help.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.