Object Dock Plus very slow

Windows 7

By on July 1, 2014 11:28:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

gevansmd

Join Date 12/2008
+21

Ever since my update to Windows 7 last fall I've noticed OD+ is very slow.  It often takes 25% of the CPU and is non-responsive to the mouse.  I choose to hide my docks and many times they will not reappear when the mouse is moved in their vicinity.

Even when functioning, window movement is erratic.  Reopening a minimized window will open the window immediately and then re-open the same window slowly.  For that reason I suspected Windows FX5.  I've spent the last day configuring Fences and today shutdown OD.  The system is much quicker.  Window open and close instantly.

I know this isn't much to go on but can anyone suggest a reason for OD's sluggishness?  O have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OD with no success.

My system is W7 Ultimate 64 bit  I'm up-to-date on all my Stardock products.

I should add that I have three docks.  The main launch dock on the bottom, the system tray on the right and the running app dock on the left.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 2, 2014 12:59:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My guess is that there's a plugin or something that's not functioning right.  Are you running, for instance, the weather object?

July 2, 2014 1:58:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No, I am not using any special docks, other than the calendar amd stacks but I don't imagine they consume any CPU when not engaged.  I'll try removing them as a test.

July 2, 2014 2:06:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Found it.  It's the clock dock.  How can I fic that?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
July 2, 2014 9:30:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What the version of the clock docklet?? You may remove it from the installed folders and looking for new one,or better,find another alternative. 

July 2, 2014 11:00:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Where can I find docklet version numbers?

July 3, 2014 1:12:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Go to the root,right-clicked the .dll,you will know.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.