How to get rid of purchase fences popup

By on June 29, 2014 7:50:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Angelynn

Join Date 01/2010

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the popup that keeps asking you to buy fences (ver. 2.12)? I use Firefox ver. 30.

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 29, 2014 8:07:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

easiest way... purchase fences lol. other than that i can't see how it will go away

June 29, 2014 8:10:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Buy it or uninstall it.

If you have bought it, and you're trying to use it on a second PC. Be patient, it's being worked on.

June 30, 2014 3:07:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It is very annoying. I bought fences and later object desktop which also includes fences. I get the popup on every computer now and it is very annoying. I tried to contact stardock but no response. So the answer to this question is NOT buy the software. Now I cannot start the icons in the fences windows because of this problem!. So the product now becomes useless even when you have bought it.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 30, 2014 5:05:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have the same issue, since a few days, this message pops up on the 2 computers I use with fences (not simultaneously)

June 30, 2014 6:23:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've just un-installed it - guess i'll not renew sub now - I seem to recall it was a personal license for OD not a machine license. And if it expired you just lost access to updates.

I've had OD on my PC and laptop for 10+ years on one sub - I think if its now a per machine license its no longer cost effective.

I don't think its legal to change the basic model of a licencing agreement in the middle of a subscription, without my consent.

June 30, 2014 6:52:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is a quote from a different thread on this subject:

Quoting Island Dog,

Just an update.

We are currently working on the system that will resolve the issues that have come up in this post, and should prevent any activation issues for users who want to install on their home PC and laptop for instance.

We're hoping to get the changes made as soon as possible and just wanted to keep you updated to let you know we are working on a resolution.

We'll update once everything is set.

We're sorry for the troubles, and if you have any issues please feel free to contact support or let me know if I can help.

As Redneck said in Reply 2 above, they're working on it.

June 30, 2014 7:37:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi DaveRI,

thanks, saw it already. Let's hope they are quick

June 30, 2014 9:28:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It simply shows how popular Stardock's products are....

....just accidentally bung a spanner in the works and a squillion [maybe two] people pop up with the same concerns re licences/activations/etc...

The back-room boffins are on the case so it'll be sorted, given a little time...

August 9, 2014 4:00:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Has anyone updated this yet?

August 9, 2014 8:26:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The licence/activation issue has been adressed.  The real solution to the OP is to do as it requests...

August 13, 2014 4:49:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I;ve purchased Fences, and have entered the activation key over and over. Each time I see the message that Fences activation was successful, but the next day, it asks me to activate Fences again.

I'm using WIn 7 Pro, 64 bit, if that makes any difference.

August 13, 2014 5:38:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting jackpine,

I;ve purchased Fences, and have entered the activation key over and over. Each time I see the message that Fences activation was successful, but the next day, it asks me to activate Fences again.

I'm using WIn 7 Pro, 64 bit, if that makes any difference.

Please open a support ticket here - http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000891   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.